Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the 3vz-fe is the best

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Pasted from the Mr2oc.com 's V6 section,posted here cos its ram packed full of technical spec and upgrade info for the 3vz-fe,this guys knows his onions,a cracking read for us 3vz builders.....

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=140573

Many thanks to "Toysrme" from mr2oc for this priceless insight =D>

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

wow that guy knows his stuff- so while my heads are off give them a polish and a porting and i will faster than jb with his ally flywheel:D

yep thats about the size of it! from what i gather my fancy manifolds are going to be a waste of time too but im still going to make them....he mentions 25bhp available from a Y collector,i presume he means where both banks of exhaust join together under the sump which i cant tell you al is pretty pants on a camry! loads of little gems in that thread though...JB you read it yet?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

hi fellas was reading up myself the other day about the 3vz fe and apparently you can put the guts of the engine into the later v6 which is an all alloy block and use the 3vz heads, ill try and find whare it was and post the link, the fellas were also talking about turbo and supercharging the v6 may be of interest oh ye also about a 5vz i think that u use the block and pistons the 3vz crank and rods and youve got 3.3litres? of fun

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

yeah i saw that podge,love to get my hands on a scrap 1mz block (ferret! here boy!) and build it up with 3vz internals and lower the compression ratio right down to 8.5:1...run a standalone and boost the fecker to 15psi or more using a huge turbo...i need 5 numbers and the bonus ball first though mate.

Hehe food for thought, must think about rebuilding that other engine. The y pipe looks worth a bit of investigation too.

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

yeah i think hes referring to the crap point were both pipes join Jb,it is a bit poo though isnt it,seems to double back on itself.

just looking around and toyota do a 4 liter v6 vvti 256 whatevers of torque at 4000 rpm mmmm me likes

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

yep as fitted to the new camrys/solaras in the states,dont know if we are going to get our mits on these bad boys though...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    yeah i saw that podge,love to get my hands on a scrap 1mz block (ferret! here boy!) and build it up with 3vz internals and lower the compression ratio right down to 8.5:1...run a standalone and boost the fecker to 15psi or more using a huge turbo...i need 5 numbers and the bonus ball first though mate.

you mean like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-t...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast