Thread: Wheel bearing replacement

Wheel bearing replacement

I tried to do a search yet havent had any luck with this. I have all four wheel bearings for my AW11 being shipped to me right now. I looked in my repair manual for a procedure to put them in, and all it told me was to take them to a professional. Has anyone here replaced the wheel bearings? Would I be able to do it without a press? Any tips?

The car is getting some of its suspension done: polyurethane bushing kit, new ball joints, front tie rod ends have already arrived. Rear tie rods and the bearings should be here either this or next week.

Thanks for any help!

Berg

I think you'd definitely need a press/puller - but you can buy them cheap from automotive stores... It's relatively simple to change the bearings, but just a pain in the ass as things will never come off without a struggle!!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Isn't the struggle what makes you feel like you've accomplished something when finished? I have access to a press. When you put the new ones in do they self allign, or do you have to make sure that they go in perfectly straight the first time?

wipe grease on the outsides before assembly or oil. pretty easy with a press , nice and slow.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....