Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1mz conversion

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    you should have four bolts that line up (two on the top and two on the diff side) and an extra one near the starter motor that requires a nut and bolt

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    you should have four bolts that line up (two on the top and two on the diff side) and an extra one near the starter motor that requires a nut and bolt
    Is that for the 3vz or the 1mz?
    i have the box lined up on the locator pins and have 2 bolts at the top of the box but no other holes line up short of tapping the block near the starter motor.

update;
    the 1mzfe flywheel unofficailly fits 3sge gearbox (still not bolted up fully) HOWEVER... the 1mz clutch doent not, the spline is different to the 3sg box, im not sure ATM if the 3sge clutch will mate to the 1mz flywheel i'l have to get it back off a mate i stupidly gave it to earlier today.

i would find and test a 1mz gearbox in the mr2 but issues would be the linkage would be on the opposite side of the box and the 1mz box is rare in Aus because it only came out in a "touring edition" camry...

-scott

Your build sounds good, im in Tassie and looking for a 5VZFE, 3VZFE or a 1MZFE. I want a 5VZFE tho mmmm 3.4ltr.

Quote Originally Posted by AUS_MR2
    Hey guys,
    as of last night 3s is on the garage floor and 99 1mz is on freight to my shop.
    thanks to Jaemus for the inspiration, it was always something to do but too busy with my new shop.

Everything is go and im looking to get it finished by sat 9th june.
    however to save time, does any1 know where i can source a timing belt side fabricated engine mount? i'l be using a fidanza lightweight flywheel and 1mz standard clutch as im on a budget of $6k.

Has any1 done the 1mz into mr2 conversion?

what are the rumors of the duel Trottle body for 1mz?

thanks guys -Scott Jones
    syd AUS
    Welcome on board mate, nice to have more 1mz swaps, as far as I know the 3mz throttle body fits staright on and looks sexy as.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12