Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ***aw11***

opinions needed...

hey peeps, i need opinions,
    i have been told that i need to replace my front shocks,
    so i have decided to uprate the whole lot,
    koni adjustables, superflex bushes all round and trd top mounts,
    i just need some advise on spring setups,

i was going to go for fensports own, then i thought it was best to find some elsewhere,
    so... i am running 195/45/r15's and am thinking of reducing the ride height,

could i please ask everyone if they could list me some manufacturers of springs for the late spec aw11.

many thanks
    :thumbsup:

i have Avo -30mm +20% springs all round.
    gives a great ride and the height imho is perfect..

the koni adjustables are great but tbh a bit too pricey and youll end up winding them up to their hardest setting and never touching them again..

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    i have Avo -30mm +20% springs all round.
    gives a great ride and the height imho is perfect..

the koni adjustables are great but tbh a bit too pricey and youll end up winding them up to their hardest setting and never touching them again..
    Like i did. Get Konis:)

Though i`m considering gettting D2 coilovers for mine. $1047 and custom spring rate. Not bad at all. And it`s all aluminium so the weight is down.

PI do springs for the MK1 (have them along with the koni setup on my car and they seem good.) Dissagree on the hardest setting though, t'was un-drivable like that. Softened it out a bit and it's made a world of difference :thumbsup:

Fensport springs are pretty well regarded, Miss Owen has them on her car but we're yet to drive it in anger so can't speak from experience, but these would probably be my first choice. (Just don't bother with their ridiculous prices on any of the other components...)

All the best,

Owen.

There might be a new source of bushes soon too.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

I've got KYB'S & PI springs on mine. Cheap as chips buying from the states.

I think Lodge & Pau & others had probs with the springs suppied with Konis.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

***aw11***
    thanks for the replies, is it a case of trial and error with setting them up?
    just had mt set of toyo proxes 195/45 's fitted to my 15's, and its amazing, superb.
    did have falken zeix 195/50, parp

any more opinions would be great, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ***aw11***
    thanks for the replies, is it a case of trial and error with setting them up?
    The shockers themselves yes; However as you'll be getting lowered springs, your geometry will go out. I'd very strongly recommend getting a full 4 wheel alignment done. Place local to me charges £150 for it, but thats for absolutely everything adjusted, road tested then fine tuned to how you like.

***aw11***
    i also saw on the website that eibach do a correction kit for lowered suspension setups, would it be worth investing in this kit?

also i hear that if you get 4 wheel tracking done, and you need to adjust the rear tie bar, that it is more than likely seazed.
    is this true?
    Last edited by Jiff Lemon; 16-05-2007 at 15:04.

Koni are the best dampers you can get on a budget. short of opting for something like Ohlins (at £1200+) theyre the best youll get

as for springs, youd be better buying springs based on their rate as opposed to the brand, you never really know what youll get, it all depends on how much development the company did

Eibach springs are superb and sensible money, im probably going to run somewhere around 185-200 lbs/inch on the front and 225-250 lbs/inch on the rear based on the calculations ive done

like whats been said before prob mate, konis dont do their own springs and you usually get a choice of which of the 2 options you want.
    mine are by ROC..........whoever they are? but they are doing the job fine, 30mm drop, 16" alloys, handles like a goodun!
    i have adjusted them a few times now, all for the road of course but found the rear a bit skittish on the hardest setting. im soft all round now and thats the way its staying lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast