Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: rev 1 hesitation

hmm thats odd.. code 41 is throttle position sensor lol. it'l either need a new one or reseting. how do you attempt to reset the signals out incase pulling negative off battery dosent work?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

pulling the battery feed off works fine, just a little nervous of the system . system and car sweet, onward.. alas no more bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    should be ready for m.o.t late next week.
    Where are you getting it MOT'd ? Give me a shout if you need another hand.

place up the road not too far, good bunch of lads no bs.

well I should be allright matey nowt much wrong with it apart from crooked head light beams which need aligning at night time!. emissions & de-cat pipe / 3 inch mid pipe.. not sure yet how that's going to fair. car is 90, engine is j/k reg 91/92.

Your fine on the cat test mate - "Test according to which is older, engine or vehicle. e.g. A 1995 car fitted with a 1991 engine (of whatever make), test to 1991 standards for emission purposes. Note: The onus is on the vehicle presenter to prove engine age." - so as long as you meet the very easy achievable <3.5 CO and 1200ppm HC's, you laughing.

On the headlamp front, just make sure the adjusters are free and well greased, and gives the boys a drink to adjust them - You can only get so close with a garage wall check, and a little praise in their direction probably goes a long way.

Excellent Ad - I bet that felt sweet as a nut when you noticed the wire wasn't connected...!!!!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

yeh felt ace :-). I was also lucky with pin 1/n1 which I had prepped with an extension .. but missed connecting it to anything.. isbetter than connecting it to the wrong wire.

cheers jeff, your right i'll leave it for them to pick up on.

I'm slightly keen to drive the motor!, its been a 2yr fantasy to date. how's yours coming along guys
    Last edited by adamh; 22-05-2007 at 13:43.

Just need to get brakes on the front (just awaiting tyres for my 15" alloys of all things??) and then make sure the handbrake is in spec - then she'll be ready for the MOTreatment mate!!

Jeffs going to be ready for JAE... AREN'T YOU!!! ;)

ah cool not long to go then bob excellent :mrgreen: brum brum, im reeeeling to go .

well if it aint one thing after another lol my dodgy electricial skills showing through here.. its all good..and go's lovely (i keep saying that)..but its now throwing a code 4-3 which is i quote:

starter signal: no sta signal to ecu, engine speed reaches 800rpm without vehicle moving.

so i guess i better check pin A11 on ecu, which should be connected to both the cor pin 3, and the 4 pin starter relay in the boot black/white wire. shouldnt be to hard to check. i cant remember the 4 pin plug connection..... it appears i cant remember much these days lol

Hmm that's strange Ad- I used to get that Starter signal error code, but I didn't do anything specific to fix it - I think it may have been something to do with the AFM from memory - but not sure.... I don't get the code anymore so something i've done has stopped it :s lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast