Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: rev 1 hesitation

its the ISC valve thats leaking coolant. it has to be this thats causing the hesitation. re-bleed again tommorow and tighten with a jubilee clip this time.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

no.. timing is at 10 degrees b4, coolant re-bled o.k... new dizzy cap and rotor, why are the revs still bouncing when I pull back the throttle.. anyone any ideas?

Is it only at one throttle opening or can you rev through it ? Checked the airflow meter ?
    Last edited by GaryA; 19-05-2007 at 15:23.

I can rev through it. but it will also do it at higher revs.. its like hitting fuel cut.. but happens exactly 2krpm.. and if I go higher sometimes then.

Yeah - maybe the AFM is a little sticky??
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

how does the isc .. idle speed control valve work exactly.. just trying to rule it out.

i dont think is that now.. the idle on initial start up is 16/1700 ish.. it then drops very nicely nicely down to 1krpm / 900 when warm.. the ISC controls the idle speed very well. i can see it draws and controls air from before the throttle plate when idling.. so i cant see how it would have any effect when throttling. however i will take disconnect the isc plug and block the air feed pipe to see what happens.

does anyone know where this purple widget connects?. one side pipes off to tvis vacuum actuator (connected).. the other side you can see is not connected.. ?

hmm check out the last bit (fuel cut rpm) of that efi section of the mr2-tech.. something about fuel cut at 2krpm..and returning at 1600.. its a bit familiar to be a coincedence.. well thats exactly what the motors doing in normal operation .. but how?!
    Last edited by adamh; 19-05-2007 at 19:43.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast