Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Steves mk2 V6 swap

when he had it at the garage paul he cleaned everything out gave it a good flush out including the heater as when the water came out it was all brown so the radiator was putting shit in the water so i made sure he cleaned it all out ist before fitting the radiator as he had it out in the ist place and it made it easiar for him to clean out
    v6 in progress

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    thats ok mate but radweld is a total bitch to remove from a cooling system,its job is to block holes....think about it,horrible horrible gear,please never use it again,just for me mate :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I almost went out and bought some rad weld

My Radiator is a skanky rusty old piece of kit and it's started drooling every now and again (understandable given the sound of the engine - I drool every time too!).

My cooling system was in a bad state before my engine conversion with rust coloured gunk all throughout, so the clean that it got may have dislodged some nasty gunk which was actually acting as a clot. Which is why I was worried about radweld - worried that it would actually block my cooling system and restrict it!

I had look into the expansion tank pipes last weekend and they were filthy! I'd never looked at them before properly, but if you extract the pipe from the expanion tank there's a little plastic filter - this and half of the tubing was actually clogged with the ole' gunk (which I'm wondering if it is lying in the bottom of the expansion tank and being sucked through). So I've cleaned them out and am keeping an eye on them.

I think a new radiator is in order though for good measure :idea: I wanted a new radiator anyway even before I knew it was leaking as it looks awful being all rusty like that!

I'm going to go out today and try to work out where I'm leaking from as it's not a steady trickle like you've said you have, mine is more intermittent.

Do you get "performance" radiators? i.e. smaller, lighter, more efficient?
    Last edited by Portgordon; 12-08-2007 at 11:12.
    Check out my MR2 journal

Yeah I'm glad I didn't purchase any now! :smack:

I've heard rhumours that pouring an egg into the radiator will have a similar but more temporary effect of plugging leaks..
    Check out my MR2 journal

been for a run in it and it comes up 2 temp no problem and the heater works fint with the water opipe of the bottom of the engine and the radiator out he said it ran clear from 2 places
    v6 in progress

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425