Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: V6 Dyno's

V6 Dyno's

Well peeps got the V6 dyno'd today and it's good and bad news.!!!

Bad news first: The Super Charger is not working..!!! Apparently the gate is opening too early so it's not building any boost. So is not working, as you'll see on the dyno below.

Good news: Still managed to make 267hp with no SC so all that head work really has paid off.

Can't wait to get the 7psi pulley and the Haltech ECU as it has a boost controller included and hopefully that'll sort the SC out :thumbsup:

Here are the dyno's:

Let me know your thoughts, cheers :)
    Yellow Rev1 Mk2 Supercharged MRV6.

267! and thats WITHOUT the charger?

How much power do you think the head work released mate? Do we have a standard figure on the V6 yet?
    267bhp is great though, good news indeed.

Any idea why the gate is opening early on the SC?
    MK2 REV3 Turbo T-bar @ 320bhp

I'm so JDM, my engine is f""ked!

Hmmm. Interesting on the S/C there dude.

Haltech boost control would probably be for solenoids over a wastegate on a turbo - and would not be suitable for a turbo, at least that's my first thought.

Be interesting to get an answer on that, and both us have the charger installed the same way, so maybe mine is not working, as in building boost, either? Interesting stuff this. Fingers crossed!

267 with no SC.
    On just the headwork bloody great, standard is 185-200.

Get that SC sorted it's gonna fly

The first graph isn't torque it's PSI...!!!! Really shows how poor the SC is behaving, basically at 0.2 psi..!!! NO FCUKING BLOODY BOOST...!!!!

The second graph is torque and the third graph is lambda. (clue is at the top right hand corner guys..lol)

Talking to the chaps at DSA it will be possible to bypass the actuator with a solenoid and use the boost controller that comes with the Haltech Johnny. So this is definately being fitted in the next 6 weeks.

At least this dyno gives me a base figure to work from :thumbsup: Next dyno will be after the Haltech is fitted and mapped then another after the 7psi pulley is fitted.

Watch this space :)

Holy shit. And there i was today, with the heads in my hands going, "Ach, it's no much of a gain for the money"

:shock:

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    i dont understand this at all,the boost gauge reads 2.5psi...the SC is plumbed like phils and johnnys and you can hear it work at WOT...if its not working where is the gauge reading positive boost from? just not possible on a normally aspirated engine for it to produce 2.5psi of positive pressure(assuming the SC isnt working) ...really confused!

great result if thats at no boost though mate! theres a lot of potential with this engine.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Jinja
    The first graph isn't torque it's PSI...!!!! Really shows how poor the SC is behaving, basically at 0.2 psi..!!! NO FCUKING BLOODY BOOST...!!!!

The second graph is torque and the third graph is lambda. (clue is at the top right hand corner guys..lol)

Talking to the chaps at DSA it will be possible to bypass the actuator with a solenoid and use the boost controller that comes with the Haltech Johnny. So this is definately being fitted in the next 6 weeks.

At least this dyno gives me a base figure to work from :thumbsup: Next dyno will be after the Haltech is fitted and mapped then another after the 7psi pulley is fitted.

Watch this space :)
    Well my headwork is not as extreme as yours, but I do have the manifold and Y pipes all sorted. So I think I'm 265-270 bhp area - and it certainly feels that much.

Roll on the Whipple for me is all I can say. Did you hear that Paul? :P

ROLL ON THE WHIPPLE!

What I have noticed Paul is that it hits the 2.5psi but immediately goes back down like the needle bangs it if you know what I mean..!!

I think we're getting something out of the charger just not sure what or how much!!

Not to worry mate :) I'm definately gonna get a solenoid on there and use the Haltch to control the boost and this "should" cure all our probs in one swoop :fingersx:
    Last edited by Jinja; 14-04-2007 at 21:08.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast