Thread: One way to get a crowd around your car..

One way to get a crowd around your car..

.....walk into a local toyota dealership, tell 'em you want a set of V6 ignition cables, plonk the vin plate from the donor car onto the counter when they ask for the chassis number, and then say its for an mr2.....

.....and a crowd (or gang?) of mechanics follow you out to have a look. lol Priceless. :thumbsup:

Sweet :)
    Yellow Rev1 Mk2 Supercharged MRV6.

Oh I'm loving that.

I've so gotta do that sometime. No pics of their faces? lol

Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    Oh I'm loving that.

I've so gotta do that sometime. No pics of their faces? lol
    Didn't have a camera, and no camera on my phone.

One guy (who I believe was actually the service manager) "jokingly" said don't bother bringing it here if you want any work done on it. lol

One of the mechinics also commented that it must "snake like a b**ch" when you floor it.... erm... yeah..!?!?

As the car was nicely warmed up I had to give the obligatory demonstration of the v6 soundtrack on the way out too.... :rofl:

Wonder if they will say anything when I return to pick up the leads.....

nice one! which dealer is thi as we should then get podge to go over in his V8 MK1 when its done and do the same to them!

Good feeling i can imagine:)

Quality... i'm suprised they served you... "sorry if you have a v6 in an mr2 we can't order parts as the chassis number doesn't match.... oh and if we can they'll cost extra"

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    i used to do this a lot with mk1 turbos....priceless watching a new parts guy bumblefuck about on the EPC looking for mk1 turbo parts!

after a few weeks they got to know me though,still fun to bait the new guys though :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    nice one! which dealer is thi as we should then get podge to go over in his V8 MK1 when its done and do the same to them!
    Now thats a thought! :mrgreen:

It was Toyota World in Bridgend. The guy in the parts counter knows me well (he put my name straight down on the order without me reminding him ;) ) as I've ordered a lot of stuff through there in the past, often with the correct part number from the EPC, and sometimes with a printout.... <ahem>

...had a lot of fun trying to make sure I got a turbo engine parts on my uk car with turbo conversion. At least with my donor the chassis number is to hand.... :thumbsup: