Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mr2 Mk1.5 from Norway

Mr2 Mk1.5 from Norway

First a little about myself: I'm from Norway, and drive a 1988 mr2 mk1.5. the car was first completed in april 2003, but the first engine died after just one summer...
    So then I started rebuiling my engine.
    Some of the parts are:
    -JE pistons
    -Crower rods
    -3S-GE cams
    -precison sc32 turbo
    -huge Ic in the trunk
    -Electromotive engine management
    -turbo lsd transmission
    -homemade driveshafts
    -3" homemade exhoust
    -home made manifoild
    -+++

2 weeks ago i got my first test drive in a looong time, almost two years. And now we have mapped the engine up to aprox 1.2bar boost, and i have to say, it's working quite well.
    this weekend i'm going to this toyota sportscar meeting on a airstrip, and i have bought Toyo R888 just for fun :D
    Got some pics for you to see here, and after the weekend maybe i got some vids also!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 02.JPG (120.7 KB, 108 views)

Welcome Amund, and first off I'd like to say that's a damn fine little beast you have there. Very nice.

It would seem that Norway breeds MK1.5 enthusiasts as Shorty has just joined too.

Why the need for homemade driveshafts?

So many questions...

Anyway looking forward to the vids.

Cheers,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Welcome ! home made driveshafts ! you will fit in well here ! Turbo engine lid mod as well I see !

1.2bar you must have a flying machine there fella !

i couldn't get hold of some mk2 turbo shafts, so a modifyed some st185 ones, going to get some pics of that also.
    i am aware of three mk1.5 here in norway, and if the rumors are true, mine is the second one buildt in Norway. (the first one was actually buildt in 1990...)
    going to try to move the boost level up towards 1.5 bar this weekend, and see what happens, i have enough fuel, but will the shafts hold?
    The goal is 400hp in the engine, and i guess i got aprox 300 now.

I work at a local japanese car tuning shop, and have got some experience on mr2, celica and supra..

welcome mate. Sounds like a bit of a monster, 400bhp will be insane!!!

If the 1st one was built in '90 does that mean the norwegiens were ahead of the UK in the brutal stakes? Bet they've already built 7 mk1 v8's whilst paul was faffing with his bodywork rotflmao

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    hey amund,long time no see buddy! great to see you on TB fella,the warmest of welcomes.Your car is a credit to you,its looking like its going to be a real beast.

Hmmm the first one in norway was built in 1990??? that would totally upset everything we know about the 1.5's history! deno plumley built the first car in the world that we are aware of and i think that was late nineties or 2000 ish.....if someone built one in 1990 that would mean they used a brand new 3s-gte engine and a mk1 that was possibly only a year or two old??? how come no one has ever heard of this car? id love to know more if possible mate...or is it just a rumour?

Great to have you on board amund!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thank you for the warm welcome here on twobrutal.
    I'm a student at the moment, and that's why my car have taken so long so get on the road again..
    Got some more pics here: http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k248/toymr2_1/

So far the first mk1.5 is a rumor, am working to find the one who actually buildt it. But one i talked to, who have seen the car, (he says at least), said it was a 1986 car with a 1st gen 3sgte. And it was wrecked in the mid 90's. As soon as i get to know anything about this car, I'll let you know!

And I must say, all the credit to you guys in here, this is a great place!

wreaked in the mid 90's. sounds to me like he did not do the brake upgrades as well. :)

So I guess by brutal standards it would not be a true mk1.5. however taking a perfetly good car and doing that to it in 1990 is very brutal :)

welcome amund. lets have some more pics of your motor :-) intrigued to see further into a norwegian 1.5
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Welome mate, m sure Iposted earlier but must have ben pissed.

Theressome lovely cas coming from you fine country
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast