Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: podges build thread

zip I think with the design of the Mr2 you would be pretty safe anyway in that case as the roofs much stronger than you average 4 door saloon! That said I wouldnt want to be the test dummy in one!

all ready thaught of fella there will be a hoop over around the rear window this project has not been undertaken lightly its almost a year and a half in the planning if not longer and proper safety will be undertaken its not just throw a v8 in the back and suck it and see i will be driving this car and i plan on living a long while yet

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

ride on :toke: . ah thats a sound idea slit and then move the bulkhead vertical then patch back in.. tin opener style :thumbsup: sound solution, have somewhere to rest a cuppa aswell
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Wheres the :woc: at?

:twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by podge

hear she is a slightly mouldy mk1a
    She could be featured on gardeners world lol

good plate too..

DIG 8 JKL...urm maybe..:hidesbehi

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    good plate too..

DIG 8 JKL...urm maybe..:hidesbehi
    you twit! :blabla:

well thaught id better give the new grinder a go today so finished cutting out the bulkhead

also cut out the battery cage and old enginemounts then pushed the engine under and hoisted her into place

after i centered her up ive got loads of room on the sides to make the manifold and fit the turbos in

the engine does sit in the bay real well i thaught she may be a bit tall but the ground clearence is about the same as the 4a

also after setting up her hight i can move the engine about 5 inches further farward i just have to alter the cooling pipes which i knew would need customizing anyway

hear is one of my audi gearboxes

next will be to measure and set this engine up properly then weld in two chassis rails alongside the engine to mount it onto via some transit engine mountsso thats it for today podge

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Looking good Podge, will have to pop by soon to take a look :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    ha ha how brutal is that! class podge just class mate! by the time you move that engine forward a smidge there looks to be enough room for the shafts to line up properly too,who would have thought!

keep it coming! :popcorn:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast