Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: podges build thread

Just a little, it might be a bit of a squeeze for our poor little Podge :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

awesome.. thats going to take some keen welding back.. good show
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Nice an access panel for doing the cambelt lol

^^^^hehehe^^^^^^
    its not the whole bulkhead just about three quarters and its just straightening it up will gain 7-8 inches of bay space this way

i jumped in owens car with a bucket seat in it and i just about fit so will go on a diet to drive this one lol

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Is it still gonna be structurally sound? What about mounting points for belts?

yep will definately be safe and sound will be welding in plenty of triangulated supports will also be welding in 4mm plate to take the harness fixings

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

as its only 3/4 of the bulkhead and as I'm fairly certain Podge will be putting back most of whats removed, belts shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: Beaten to it!

Glad u've got it covered podge.

So next, mounts, how you doing them?

Space frame? Mounted to bulkhead?

Quote Originally Posted by podge
    yep will definately be safe and sound will be welding in plenty of triangulated supports will also be welding in 4mm plate to take the harness fixings

Isnt it bad to have aHarnesws with out a roll cage? :eh:

Ive heard Normal car seat belts are made with oinly one strap so that oincase you roll and the roof crushes in your body will come out the side so the roof doesnt come down on your head and putting pressure on your spin/neck?

You need the roll cage to keep the roof up so you dont get crushed to death if you roll?

I say it 's best not to roll it then :D

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast