Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: podges build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shugsta
    ...and some backup undercrackers too.rotflmao

So tell me Podge, where ya gonna find sombody crazy enough to drive this creation of yours? ;) lol

I'm sure Richard Hammond would be up to it :)

well this is a so far today update as my faithfull old grinder passed away today halfway through cutting the bulkhead so im off out to get a new one so hears what ive done today apart from drink tea dropped the fuel tank god thats an awfull job but had it done in about an hour or so then put the car up nice and high to get me under there hehe if anyone wants to pop over your always welcome so hears a few piccies so far today

hear she is a slightly mouldy mk1a

and hears the engine she just doesnt want

gratuitus empty bay shot

on it way under

hear you can see how much room you havnt got

so now im off to get a new grinder will hopefully check in later with some hot grinder action

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

and I see one of those thin wheels of yours kept getting into shot :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

christ fella that drive looks different to a couple of weeks ago! does this mean the other engine swap has taken place already?

;)

Just curious about this Audi box, I didnt know they made one that is used in an Mid rear car:eh:

Also, with this way of mounting the engine, are you gonna have to hack the car up like pull has had to do to make it fit? lol

the audi box is off a frontwheel drive a4/a6 they put the engine and box inline tho so all good to use for midmount north south

the car will be cut about yes but hopefull not as much as pauls

sam i did the engine swap i think it was 2 days after you was over fella

and paff i tried the wheel on the hubs just to make sure all was well and it was tf

just got my new grinder its a bright orange b+d job going to try it out tomorow now:twisted:

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Quote Originally Posted by podge
    the audi box is off a frontwheel drive a4/a6 they put the engine and box inline tho so all good to use for midmount north south

Does that mean the Gears will be all upside down?

Instead of going

1 3 5
    2 4 R

It will be something like this

R 4 2
    5 3 1

Just curious how this will worklol

no its as it should be if you used the porsche gearbox and didnt invert it itd have 5 reverse gears and 1 forwardlol

this is whare i was cutting when my grinder gave out

So the front bulkhead is being moved forward to accomodate the 1UZ-FE?

How much?

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast