Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The project begineth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Speedy work there - you don't hang around :thumbsup:

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    thats a new way to do the front torque mount gus! new ways are good though :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Paul was a case of needs must as I didnt have the right plate so cobbled other bits and bobs. (we need a cowboy smiley lol)Should be bloody strong though

I was going to fab the exhaust today but have found that the flexy part is buggered and leeks. do I really need the flexi joint or can I just wrap it and make it a solid peace?

got to have a flexi im afraid gus

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cheers Paul I have managed to get a new one from ebay, 25 squids so not bad,
    today got the Rear torque mount made and fitted throttle clutch copled up, also welded the captive nuts to the main mounts, got the gear cables hooked up but dont deem to be able to select many gears, wich is a bit of a worry,
    got the diagnostic plug and some other plugs mounted, need to run the fuel lines tommorow before the wire up.
    Here is a pic of the buggered exhaust mentioned earlier

P.S. I have read and re read and read again the how to wire it up download but are there any differences from the how to when useing the rev 3?????

rear mounts looking good gus. have you any adjustment on the gear cables? maybe take off the cables at the box and use your hand on the bell crank to see if you can select the gears that way. if you can i'd imagine one of the cables needs adjusting. some solutions here: http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthre...ht=gear+cables
    Last edited by adamh; 07-05-2007 at 22:04.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Cheers Adahm, looks like i will be doing a bit of cutting a threading tommorow lol lol lol

you have to go through the initiations you know :mrgreen: ..

other things that might pop up.. bleeding it, checking the expansion tank cap the right way round as per sticky in cooling. wiring it of course which you can do no problem following the guide although something confusing usually crops up .. have you battery cable?, 125A 25mm^2 is good 7m i used! thats with the battery mount in the frunk + gearbox earths and, extending alternator & starter power cables in the bay. and what are you doing for intercooling/chargecooling? brakes?

one thing to sort before seam welding the left/right mounts , make sure the cam side you can still lift the mount out the top when plating over the top, see as pointed out by paul to change a cam belt in situ it makes it real easy. have you changed the belt?.. makes a quick easy job now before it go's in..
    Last edited by adamh; 07-05-2007 at 23:19.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

^what that wise man said!^

gear cable wise you will need to alter both cables at the stick end,dont ask me wether you will need to lengthen or shorten them as its totally different from swap to swap on mk1's,a complete and utter bloody mystery....some need just the left cable lengthening,some shortening,same with the right cable,although that one is usually shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    ^what that wise man said!^

what? there,s a wise man on tb? surely not! if he was wise he wouldnt be here in the first place!!!rotflmao

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast