Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: The project begineth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great idea with the water jacket - top work

I think you should have left the fins in place - more surface area = better heat dissipation - unless they were about to fall apart.

Looks great that one. Nice welding too:) Might been a good idea to leave the fins there as it spreads heat better but the water inbethween may work better.

i did think about leaveing the fins in but a, they were a bit knackered and b, i thought as they had such a small passage between them it would hinder flow, now finished it compleatly and spent an hour leak testing and welding the mounting plates on so will be able to drop it in the car!!!:hehe:

cool idea. what pressure will system run at?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

most of the ones I have seen only work on about 5psi so I will see what pump I can get cheap and go from there

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    well done on the startup gus! nice one! that chargecoolers a bit sexy isnt it!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

carefull I've only known you a short while lol lol
    cheers mate
    Last edited by mk1gus; 15-05-2007 at 23:12.

Right a quick picy to keep you lot up to date
    finally found somewhere for the expansion bottle, got all the pipes I needed and have connected the charge cooler up still need a flow pump though,
    I thik now everything is sorted and is ready for a shake down run as soon as the alternater belt is in at the factors on tuesday.
    I still hhave a few teething troubles to sort namely thease plugs that have nothing to connect to, can anybody help PLEASE, beer is waiting for the correct suggestion
    Still seem to be running really sooty so i think its over fueling????but not sure any suggestions welcome May just need a bloody good run after sitting for so long
    ?

bye for now
    Last edited by mk1gus; 19-05-2007 at 17:15.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    that single wire connector could well be your lambda sensor wire? just check that,i might be wrong,would certainly explain the overfuelling

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

cheers Paul will check now

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast