Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Msherry's mk1 V6SC swap

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Msherry's mk1 V6SC swap

Next onto the WS production line is Mr sherrys stripped out mk1 track day racer....thats also gonna be road legal :)

So i wasted no time today and got cracking.... heres the remnants of a skanky 4a thats seen better days....

1 hr 28 mins later it was on the floor...

And minutes later out altogether....

This thing doesnt even have a dashboard! its going to absolutely fly...

After that i gutted the bay and also chopped the rear firewall out....im going to rebuild this around the V6 this time,the engine will need a trial dummy fit as the new jig im going to make off this car will mean all future mk1 V6's can use the fourveesix engine mount :thumbsup: the current mk1 v6 jig ive got places the engine slightly to the right cos we used gt4 driveshafts.

er....you did want this removing didnt you michael? rotflmao

a serious amount of work to do on this one.....but its all good baby.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

My god thats awesome!!!!!!!

How's the underneath looking Paul? Are there any rust problems or is the car pretty solid, I know theres a hole in the "frunk" where the battery will no doubt go.

Its just amazing to have this dream underway!!
    MK2 REV3 Turbo T-bar @ 320bhp

I'm so JDM, my engine is f""ked!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    i'll give her an inspection soon,from what i remember it looked pretty solid,not too bad at all....ive seen far worse!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

As the saying goes Paul....No rest for the wicked and this is gonna be well wicked.

Michael, we are lookin at the making of one seriously quick car her squire. Best of luck with it. Will be glued to this build thread.:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

86 Mk1.5 Eurosport - Black

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread
    -----------------------------
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Thanks Shugsta, It should be nuts!! Now I just need some patience.....well a beer will do for now.

Quality... though i'm puzzled... how do you know how fast you're going?

And will you get it streetlegal without a dash? Good work so far. Will be flying for sure when its done:)

excellent, nice project mr.Sherry.. :popcorn:
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Goldy, the cluster will be being fixed securely in some crazy fashion by Paul, I had it originally cable tied to the white bar!

Shorty, as long as all the dials and switches are to hand there is no reason why it shouldn't pass an MOT, I'm also working with a mate who is an MOT guy to make sure its fine to drive on the streets..harness will be the only major thing, its a twist type buckle.

Adam, I think you may need another bag of popcorn, we could be here a while....although the way Paul's ripped into that I'm not sooo sure!

interesting!

i have a similar steering wheel also without the horn in the centre. but as it doesn't work, it failed the MOT?

do you have it elsewhere?

i'll keep an eye on this one too!!

paul. if a supercharger was fitted at a later date, will it fit in the room made for the inlet manifold?

or does it have to even bigger? thus being fabricated with the SC already fitted for measuring?

sorry for so many questions both on threads and PM's but it just blows my mind what you can do and i find it all very interesting!!

Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast