Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor times at the strip

Poor times at the strip

Hi Guys

I finally figured I should put some video of mine up here for you to see, sadly the only video of it online is from a very poor night at the drags. Yes I did only run 12.8-13 at 115mph, no I can't drive to save myself ;(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZWHWOTywHo

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    wow josh you can really see the boost kick in in 3rd gear about halfway up the strip,left the other car for dead,nice vid!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

12.8 is a very respectable time though. Nowt wrong with that, just get some practice in, fiddle with your rear tyre pressure, increase the front (less drag on the road surface) and then practice your launches. Ideally you want to get around 15-20% slippage on the tyre. If you're not getting any wheel spin, then you're not launching hard enough. Too much is detrimental obviously. It's hard on the clutch, but practice does make perfect!

Good luck with the future runs mate. Odds are you'll find 0.2-0.3s though with more practice.

hey josh its been a while eh!. nice run, theres a lot more to come if i remember the power
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

12.8 is a terrible time for the trap speed it ran. With a 115mph trap I should be pulling mid 11 second times. I have since run 12.3 at 116mph.

The problem is getting traction and driving the car hard enough. I have a two step rev limmitter that is helping out with getting it off the line consistently, I'm down to 1.8 second 60 foot times. But I can't bring myself to flat shift it and it gets really loose at the deep end of the track.

I'll be getting a set of drag radials onto it in the future to see what I can get out of it. The thing is making the best part of 400rwhp so I better be able to get a high 11 out of it.

400whp is around mid to high 11's really. In that case, I would think it's too aggressive on your starts.

Ever thought of a Race Logic Traction Control? That has a nice Launch Control :)

Good God that boost really moves that car. Cool vid there hope to see more in the future....:)

actually depends on weight, honestly, he could hit 10's
    i like cheese

Obviously lol, if he went superlight he could be in the 9's ;)

I was assuming 1230kg kerb weight :)

hey... 9's are slow

lol

i am guuning for 8's
    i like cheese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast