Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finally started to paint

Thats an amazing colour, great job!!
    MK2 REV3 Turbo T-bar @ 320bhp

I'm so JDM, my engine is f""ked!

dave the pictures dark! .. you've been beavering away for long hours no doubt, it looks superb from where im sitting and it'l be real nice to see it finished, i guess the m.o.t is due soon?

:thumbsup:
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Looking top mate, can't wait to see this in the flesh :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    dave the pictures dark! .. you've been beavering away for long hours no doubt, it looks superb from where im sitting and it'l be real nice to see it finished, i guess the m.o.t is due soon?

:thumbsup:
    Few weeks away from an MOT yet Adam. Painted the drivers door on Sat and I forgot to catch the edge of the door near the hinges which is a bit of a pain and you can see a cream primer line right on the very edge of the door. Still, no sags this time so I must be getting better :liar:

Have moved onto the finishing the Quad lights and got one of the low rise mods done tonight. Was a bit worried about being able to do this and make it look right but its not too bad. Just got to make the other one rise to the same height now and fix up some covers. Made one cover already but I don't know if I like it.

Fingers crossed she will be on the road for next month.

what will you do about the primer line? ah the quad lights bet they will look superb all painted in..
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    what will you do about the primer line? ah the quad lights bet they will look superb all painted in..
    Will just give the edge a light dusting in with the gun when I do the headlight covers.

Looking mint David. I'll need to stop by and see here in the flesh, maby next time I'm down at the old man's.

86 Mk1.5 Eurosport - Black

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread
    -----------------------------
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shugsta
    Looking mint David. I'll need to stop by and see here in the flesh, maby next time I'm down at the old man's.
    No problem. Anytime

Nothing to do with paint but progress today

The veins bumper has no way to attach the lights and mesh so I made up some ally clips and fibreglassed them using matting. That way I can either rivet them on or attach them with bolts.

Also finished the quad headlights and altered the motor arms so that they low rise. A relatively easy job. So I started to make up the covers which aint so easy. Made one previously but dont think its up to scratch so I started again. The above pics show the alterations so far. Might work, might not. We shall see.

How did you get a Veins bumper? I tried but i was told you couldn`t get them anymore...

Fiberglass is messy huh;)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast