Thread: podges intercooler

podges intercooler

hi fellas ive had a few mail`s now about how i did mine so here goes

i started off by making a box for the intercooler to sit on as you can see the box is folded over on the ends and extend up the sides they are also notched out for the fmic mountings

nows the fun bit place the box in the boot whare you want your intercooler and merk around it making sure its all nice and square take your grinder with cutting disc and have fun mmmmmm

once youve cut out the floor place your box in the hole level it up and weld it in place

now my intercooler is 600 x 300 and a pair of fans from a peagot 205 gti fit perfect with a bit of trimming i now wenglish!!

now fit your intercooler onto its base box i seeled the edges with silicone and no problems as yet

next make up a top box the fitting onto the intercooler is the same as the underside but is ducted out to the rear of the car

basicaly cut a hole out of the backend of the car for the ducting to exit i welded 1" angle iron all the way around the exit to fit the box up to and once fitted seeled all around and around the intercooler top also the fouf lugs that stick out of a fmic ive braketed up so when the bolts were tightend they hold it all together ill get some photos of this up as its hard to discribe

all of my pipework is 2" and suprisingly i dont suffer with alot of lag which im v happy about

this is basicaly how i finished it cutting the back panal meshing it up and braketing off the number plate for that hot air to escape

hope this helps other people but if you need any further help or info just ask all the best podge

p.s. dont look at the spelling to closely as i cant!!!! just dont get me to tattoo a name on you with my spelling and gramer :D

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

having seen and heard this set up in the flesh I can say its a top set up indeed and it doesnt half shift some air out of that rear panel behind the number plate tis for sure !

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    one of the neatest most inventive IC set ups on any 1.5 worldwide in my opinion.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

imho..the best setup so far..! no need for topside venting and still in that -ve pressure space at the back..marvellous..

cool 8) its a stealthy hide.. i like it lots. podge.. i noticed you have an f-reg.. did you notice the air filter venting/piping just inside the boot there.. i found it the other day when ripping my rear lights out.. i see you have an engine bay filter set up now.. did you have the boot mount filter before?.. was this a problem when fitting any of your ic set up?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

hi adam yep i had the filter in the boot but just ripped the lot out as im altering my filter to whare paul has his in a left hand side vent

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Can't wait to see that in the flesh mate. looks good.