Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: koni sprt kit purchased!

Quote Originally Posted by lodgeman
    sport kit comes with lowering springs!
    i know that much, just wanted to know why people would want to sell them if thats how the kit comes.......ya know.

sorry just added some more! felt i hadnt explained myself!!:hand:

anyway lodge......ive been waiting for you to reply to this thread so i can pick ya brains on clearance issues.....youve got 17's right?

apologies lodge i understand now.....so its possible to keep the original springs then?

yes you can use your own springs, the setup will stiffen the suspension all round but most go for around a 30mm drop with no worries. all depends on what you want to go for ultimately! i run 16's on the v6 with no issues.adamh runs 17's with the konis as do several other guys. just make sure you have the correct type as they are different 1a to 1b

lodge your good eye needs testing ;) .. i run 16's fella.. gary sysmons has 17's i think and konis, have a yabber with him... the aspect ratio of your tyre should stay overall rolling radius is whats important. theres a tyre size calc stickied in the off topic which is a good help for a cross reference to the origonal RR
    Last edited by lodgeman; 14-01-2007 at 18:33.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

sorry mate should have said 17" wide!!!!:hidesbehi blue heres the differences between the springs

crap spring left, fensport progressive wound -middle, original right

and this is what a crap spring looks like!!!

think ive seen that pic before lodge..........shocking!:naughty:

Heh, that pic looks just like my front springs after fitting the Apex springs (shocking pieces of crap that they are) that came with the Koni sports kit. If you're going to fit them, be prepared to take them back out shortly and drop the originals back in.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

it must be down to luck of the draw alun, i have apex fitted and they are stiff as concrete, they dont move, for sure. this is what i mean about a tad unorganised.
    Last edited by adamh; 15-01-2007 at 00:04.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Anyone using PI springs or have any views on them?
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast