Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: koni sprt kit purchased!

koni sprt kit purchased!

ive just purchased the whole kit including springs from my local chav store. can anyone tell me what the clearance over 17's will be like when fitted. also what is the ride quality like? i dont want to fit it just to find out im gonna have spinal compression and shattered teeth lol.

not sure on the ride quality as yet have not run kit, all i can say is the yellow cone type things are most odd! but will probably make good door stops, i dont think anyones found a use for them yet so dont worry if you dont find a use for them. possibly a bump stop for aggressive track use if not using the normal shocker main shaft covers.. i.e; you cant use the shocker shaft covers and the bump stop together on the rears because they interfere with eachother.
    Last edited by adamh; 13-01-2007 at 22:32.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

now i cant wait for it to arrive!............these cone things sound intriguing! i take it you have a set then adz?

the dude also mentioned about purchasing bump stops? aint these included then?

plus koni source the springs from someone else as they dont make them.....strange

The springs come in various makes, some are Apex which are supposed to be great, I got some no name red ones, still to find out what they handle like. I have the yellow things too, just ditched them in a pile in the garage with a load of other stuff which I have no idea about!

Michael.
    MK2 REV3 Turbo T-bar @ 320bhp

I'm so JDM, my engine is f""ked!

" mental note".............."yellow shite, red good, apex even better".

I'll need to get mine powder coated then!
    MK2 REV3 Turbo T-bar @ 320bhp

I'm so JDM, my engine is f""ked!

Mine came with the Apex springs - car is still an engineless shell so can't comment on how they feel yetrotflmao

BTW the yellow bump stops included in the kit - IIRC they are Powerflex ones and can fetch a few £ on ebay if you keep the original ones:thumbsup:
    '86 Mk1a SC trackday car
    '87 T-Bar SC - now scrapped :icon_cry:
    '00 Frontera 3.2 V6 tow barge

now im learning!......didnt even know i had original ones, now i know, they will deff go on the ol' fleabay lol. cheers mart! i never did find out where you lived in blackpool. a gander at your s/c sometime would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by blueninja66
    now i cant wait for it to arrive!............these cone things sound intriguing! i take it you have a set then adz?

the dude also mentioned about purchasing bump stops? aint these included then?

plus koni source the springs from someone else as they dont make them.....strange
    as mart said, two are included in the kit. you dont really need them for road use, nobody has so far. my springs were apex and they were yellow.. but you know colours dont really mean gospel they could be any maker, the springs will come in a seperate box with the makers name on them, for instance mine had apex decals printed all over it. john (megatron) tried them out says they are fine, thats good enough for me. koni just ship them with the order.

btw.. mine took 6 frikin months to arrive. good luck lol
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

only 2 bump stops?........front or back?

im on first name terms with the parts guy (who wasnt sure if they were included) he assures me they will be here on wed. they should be anyway, i paid enough lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast