Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinjas Mk2 V6 SC swap

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Jinjas Mk2 V6 SC swap

Well same routine for me! as one project ends another one starts,so heres jinjas pride n joy,a lovely rare yellow (stock colour) mk2NA thats getting the V6 treatment complete with TRD SC.

Here is the car just going in....

And the 'orrible 3s-ge that will shortly be dropped out...

I didnt waste much time today and disconnected most stuff from the bay and also chopped the wiring out,including the old ECU...now you see it,now you dont!

Also on the sidelines whilst completing johnnys car ive been stripping down jinjas V6 in preparation....before....

And a few hours later....

Note cylinder 6 is a lighter colour than the rest,it had a slight HG blow....one of the many reasons i always replace the gaskets!

The heads have been whisked away to a head porting firm in dagenham who are bench flowing them,3 angle valve job and reshimming the top end all in one job lot...these heads are due back by the middle of next week so the fur will really fly then.

Until then ive got plenty to be getting on with prepping the car,lots more to come!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

If anyone else got that sort of work load on their desk on a Friday evening they'd be cursing the high heavens. lol

Is this SC gonna be done in the same way as Johnny's or any lessons learned that you're doing different this time round?

The only thing i'll be doing differently is the idle speed control....on mr G's i had to make my own idle speed control valve,two modes of operation..on for 2000rpm cold idle and off for 1000rpm hot idle,it works well but it took me a week of trial and error to get it right plus its not very subtle,it works but doesnt have the gradual rpm fall from cold that the stock ISC has.So im working on getting the stock ISC mounted into the TRD SC.

In case anyone doesnt know the 1mz-fe that this charger is designed for has the ISC as part of the throttle body,the 3vz one is in the manifold which we of course ditch when the charger is fitted.

Hopefully on jinjas i'll be combining the TRD SC and stock ISC (pocvipped of course!) so we have the best of both worlds.

Johnnys wont be retaining the woodsport ISC i made when stage 2 happens anyway...oops said too much!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

That's known as Lapsus Linguae in Latin. Reminds me of a joke :

What's the connection between being on the wrong side of the mafia and muff diving?

One slip of the tongue and you're in the shit.

Anywho's back on topic, is this gonna be pretty much identimical to Johnny's engine in terms of output?

Anything special planned for this car?

This is getting like a series of American Choppers, a new project each week :lol:

Nice unusual color on that one. Following this one as i do with all your swaps Paul. Keep up the good work and it`s really nice to actually see what you have take photos of:)

yeah olie it should be roughly the same in terms of power although a different exhaust to johnnies....all depends how good the head jobs are,try saying that out loud in church lol

sweet

man this is going tobe one hell of a ride, it's going to go like stink! with all that extra torque and bhp is the standard N/A clutch going tobe replaced? Foxy Stoat says it just about handles a take off if your doing 1/4's, I'd imagine the clutch is going to slip out like when you've had too much to drink making love to a woman,, opps said too much..

Wahey.....My own conversion thread :)

There is some thing special planned for this car later on in the year olber, gonna have a turbo fitted as well, twin charged MRV6 *drools*. The clutch and ECU amongst other things will be upgraded when we get stuck in to 'stage 2' as Johnny would put it :)

Cheers Paul :)
    Yellow Rev1 Mk2 Supercharged MRV6.

I <<think>> the clutch I've got should handle it lol lol.

I'm getting mine standalone mapped as well. I'd expect a fair hike in power just from mapping to be honest, get the timing advanced and then get the fuelling leaned right out. Sort it nicely sir!!

Cripey, has twin-charging been done on a 3vzfe before? That's gonna be ballistic!

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast