Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sengk's V6 (3VZFE) Swap

wow? how did you do that?

quick, pack it full of hobnobs and send it to woodsy!

I dont much care for shoes! :mrgreen:

hahaha. I think he's a little too far from where i live, california, USA. The bolt was torque on there really good. it wouldn't even budge with a 4 ft extension.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    you mean you have snapped a head bolt completely off?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

no, the head of the head bolt is rounded/stripped.

ah right,thought you meant the threads.....ok you can hammer a smaller socket over the head bolt so they become one,that might get it.....other than that you could drill the head of the bolt away (wont be easy!) then lift the head off with the shank of the bolt still in the engine,then undo the shank afterwards.Id try the socket method first!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

i'll try that. Thanks Woods.

yer welcome,hope it works.

hello chap, to be totally honest your better off finding a turbo shop, calling in and having a good chat. it takes a long time to build a working knowledge and nowt can beat that.
    the ct26 will spool quicker, I'd go with that as your not looking for high boost.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    hello chap, to be totally honest your better off finding a turbo shop, calling in and having a good chat. it takes a long time to build a working knowledge and nowt can beat that.
    the ct26 will spool quicker, I'd go with that as your not looking for high boost.
    I would go with the CT26 but the problem is that it's hard to find flanges for. It would be great to know what the equivalent eBay t3/4 foot print turbo is? At least with the t3/t4 setup i can switch out the turbo easily without having to weld on a new flange.

Thanks

For the 3VZ, you'd want a Garrett T30 - T34 for the HP you want, and forget about sourcing a new flange (ooer) they are pish to have made up.
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast