Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Intercooler Installation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    great, i got some of that nasty stuff but it has a good kick :) . how are you wiring the fans to operate?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    great, i got some of that nasty stuff but it has a good kick :) . how are you wiring the fans to operate?
    Will be hard wired, i.e. always on. Although I may fit a dash switch, maybe even 3 individual switches. Have been scouting ebay for another suitable fan and there are plenty on there so should be back on the road soon.

Wow! Only just noticed this thread. Top work there Gary.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Nice looking work.

Have you left a gap between the fans and the intercooler or are they flush?

I say this because the area in front of the hub of the fan is a dead area for air movement. Generally add a gap of the distance of the depth of the fan to smooth out the air passage so that air will be getting sucked through the entire area of the i/c in front of the fan.

Just a nerdy tip from the extreme pc cooling freaks that overclock their pc's to breakneck speeds ie ME. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Nice looking work.

Have you left a gap between the fans and the intercooler or are they flush?

I say this because the area in front of the hub of the fan is a dead area for air movement. Generally add a gap of the distance of the depth of the fan to smooth out the air passage so that air will be getting sucked through the entire area of the i/c in front of the fan.

Just a nerdy tip from the extreme pc cooling freaks that overclock their pc's to breakneck speeds ie ME. :)
    Yep, nice big gap between fan and IC. also when I add the third fan I will be dividing the gap into 3 sections so the fans dont fight each other. Just hope it all works when it is finished.

Excellent! good work there. Might as well go for that extra 1% :)

Update:

Got the IC install finished finally today, pretty pleased with it. Should be back on the road next week :thumbsup: . Will post some pics tomorrow.

Good man. I`m a bit worried to make a big setup in the boot because of weight. I guess it`s not that much but do know the weight distribution now? %back % front?

Now i`m thinking in addition to the 3s engine, box etc ofcourse. not just the shroud:)

Well the inlet ducting under the car is alumuinium and weighs nothing. The box in the boot is steel and tbh is pretty heavy but no more heavy than a boot full of shopping. No room for shopping now so problem solved.lol

Dont forget that the battery has moved to the front boot which has to help a little bit. If it all works will find out soon :thumbsup:

loving this! best IC setup ive seen for a while. i wonder if this will be doable for a mk2! hmmm :hmm:

I dont much care for shoes! :mrgreen:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast