Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rev3 ECU swap progress......

venus... :whistle:

here: http://www.namrick.co.uk/browse.asp?PCID=9

2nd paragraph down first item.

you can cut that short ... slap lashings of ptfe tape on, and do it up tite .. but not to- tight as it'l split the ally casting :)

why dont toyota just use standard pipe thread! twits. m8x1 is not really a pipe thread speaking in engineering terms, im assuming the fitting even has a TAPER m8 x 1 thread on it, so it locks off.. and the chances of you finding a taper M8 x 1 plug are about prolly 20,000 : 1 ..
    or how about cutting off the top of the fitting and just putting a blob of weld onto the hole etc.. providing its steel, its prolly plated steel tbh.
    Last edited by adamh; 03-01-2007 at 22:52.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

and the chances of you finding a taper M8 x 1 plug are about prolly 20,000 : 1 ..
    That would explain why i couldnt find one in my odd screw box then :)

I'll try and weld it, any particular type of welding? We have an electric welder at work or i could get one of my workmates to braze it up with oxy-acetalene?
    Why did i become a sparky and not something usefull like a fabricator or welder :(
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

Aye, then you could do my exhaust for me. :)

Well, its all done and dusted. I spent today driving about testing it and due to the dryish weather i had it up to 12 psi without any problems, its fairly quick!
    Other than that i just made up a section of pipe to link the intake pipe with the air filter and finally do away with the pesky air flow meter ;)

The biggest benefit seems to be that its much smoother. Theres no stuttering or jerking when you let off the throttle to change gear and it seems much happier when tootling round town, that could just be my imagination though!

Theres a couple of things left to iron out though, i'll have to fit an engine bay temp sensor to get rid of the ECU code 47 thats thrown up by not having this sensor.
    I'm also getting code 21 thrown up due to the lack of 4 wire O2 sensor. Apparently if you connect an 8 Ohm resistor in place of the O2 sensor heater circuit this fools the ecu into thinking the heater is there and stops it producing a fault code.
    Ive currently got a resistor connected between terminal HT1 of the 1st plug on the rev3 ecu and ground. This isnt working as its still showing the code, despite clearing all the codes.
    Does anyone know where its supposed to be connected to?

Also, when BETSY did his rev3 swap he mentioned resetting his TPS to rev3 spec, is this a big deal and whats the difference between the two specs?

HT1 is the O2 sensor heater supply...

So where do i connect the other end of the resistor?

Hi Dude, sorry not kept up with your swap.
    Congrats with getting it going!

I set the TPS to the rev3 spec as the ecu will be looking for the correct values.
    I have never heard of others doing this though?

Can't help with the O2 sensor problems as the st165 had a heated, 4 wire, O2 sensor as stock

Engine bay heats ensor, IAT sensor?
    one o ebay at the moment ;)

I set the TPS to the rev3 spec as the ecu will be looking for the correct values.
    I have never heard of others doing this though?
    Cheers Bud, whats the difference between the two specs?

What terminals in the rev3 ecu did you connect up the heater circuit of your O2 sensor to?

Heres some final pics of the engine bay, devoid of that cursed air flow meter and the new ecu nestled in the boot!

The induction noise is much louder without the AFM, even at idle you can hear it through the engine lid vents clearly, and its great when you accelerate and hear it sucking the air in, then when you change gear the BOV dumps it back out!

Looks just like a spiderweb when a spider is on weed.:) Good man!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast