Thread: Gret timming

Gret timming

Evening chaps,

Does any one have or know of where I might get a step by step guide for the static timing of a rev 3?
    I am determined to get this bloody thing drivable at last and shut Ash up!!! hehehe joking mate.
    It does sound as if the thing is out of whack so would like to set it up static then hit it with the strobe.
    Thanks as alway fellas

Angus

Gret timming......Thats awesome!
    MK2 REV3 Turbo T-bar @ 320bhp

I'm so JDM, my engine is f""ked!

lol slip of the finger lol

Back on topic:

Check the timing belt is properly aligned

To check the ignition timing, bridge TE1 and E1 in the diagnostic plug then go for 10 degrees BTDC @ idle
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1gus
    Evening chaps,
    I am determined to get this bloody thing drivable at last and shut Ash up!!! hehehe joking mate.
    Hope you're not talking about me!! lol

Yeah, must make sure the cam timing is right (i.e. TDC with both cams lining up with the back plate) - then it's just a matter of getting the dizzy timing at 10 degrees BTDC (all marked up on plastic cover plates)

Take some pictures of the cams at TDC then we can see if that's dead right (even a notch out will make a difference as when its spinning at x revs per minute you can imagine how precise it has to be...)
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

cheers boys will try and have a look this week, the birds gone away so more time for the mr2!!!