Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HKS BOV plumbing

HKS BOV plumbing

On this chargecooler I bought, it has a HKS BOV attached to it but i'm not sure about the plumbing...!

It has a wide and a thin outlet, now i'm guessing it's a recirc bov, so the wide outlet just goes back to the inlet tubing (like stock BOV), and presumably the thin one takes pressure from the manifold (again, like on the stock bov)

Now, if I plumb just these two up, will it work ok - I ask because when it came, the bov already had a piece of hose coming off the small outlet which went to a HKS plastic t-pipe - which in turn had one of those cylinder valves from the stock BOV...

Do I need to do something special when I plumb this up with those valves??

Advice needed from the experts... thanks!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

How is the HKS valve fitted, is it welded on? never seen this on a 185 CC setup, need pics!!

Now, if I plumb just these two up, will it work ok
    Yep, small pipe senses vacuum in the manifold, big pipe will either dump to atmosphere or back into the air intake.
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

Hey Murf - it looks very stock... it's a proper threaded section to the core all nicely welded on... don't forget mine is the Japanese Import RC (not the CS) so it could be because of that...

Will take some pictures tonight for you bud and post...

Could well be, old chap!
    Jealous none the less as it looks a lot neater than mine!!
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

We'll see mate lol... here's some shots for you...

The paint has come away a bit but the mounting definitely seems stock to me, I've no way of confirming it though which is the only prob!!

Not sure where to mount it, but i'm liking this mini expansion tank...

Included the rubber sock in the auction - great ebayer!

that white stuff ash, ptfe tape , keeps popping up recently!.. get some fresh stuff on the threads a few wraps around and screw it on, buy it from a plumbers merchant a few quid a roll if that. it helps seal threaded joints which have air/gas/water/fuel going through, it's a must have.

nice kit mate the smaller pipe supplys the bov with positive manifold pressure to keep it closed and as murf said when you lift off the throttle it changes to vacuum and snaps the diaphram open inside :thumbsup: it dosent appear to be adjustable so i'd assume it works around a set stock pressure.

if you have an adjustable one, you can screw it in or out and it will add spring pressure to the diaphragm therefore helping to hold it shut and not creeping in high boost, it holds it shut real firm!. the down side is on less spirited drives you may get some WG chatter if it dosent open when you just feather 'off the throttle'. no need to worry about that although as you aint got it lol just waffling..
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

I'm tempted to somehow fab the stock BOV on...? Will have to have a think how though

That mounting looks non stock to me. Just looks like a real neat bit of work to giving it that OE feel

I know what you mean, but when you feel inside the bov mounting theres no sharp edges and the paint that hasn't chipped off is exactly the same as the stuff as the body... but then again, i've searched high and low for pictures of another one, so looks like it just can't be stock...!

Mind you, stock or not - it's saved me a lot of work!!

from what I've read, its hard to beat the factory dump valve.
    Personally, I can't stand the noise from none-standard ones - Gives the game away!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast