Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: P.o.c.v.i.p.s

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    the old one should be 22270-62020, 22220-68020 is coming up as not applicable for european and jap spec cars,so perhaps owen is right and US spec ISCV's are different and flow more.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    the old one should be 22270-62020, 22220-68020 is coming up as not applicable for european and jap spec cars,so perhaps owen is right and US spec ISCV's are different and flow more.
    Well, found the piece of paper I had written down the number on and its 22270-62020 - which appears to be the correct part number after all.

Will possibly try getting my original one up for pocvip'ing, and see how I get on with that one. :thumbsup:

Hi Paul,
    Is the ISCV pluger stainless? I'll need to buy some rod so I can tig a blob onto mine. I've got some ally lying around though, would be good if it's that, but I kinda doubt it.

Bevan

It looks stainless yes, can't you just blob a mig weld on it?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Would if I had one. Went the whole shabang when I bought my first welder and got an ac/dc tig. Glad I did though. Then again, a mig is on the to buy list for pannel work.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    this is an observation we made years ago fizz,the ISCV is supplied with alternator voltage on two of its pins,if you have a slightly low idle then the charging rate can dip,and that reduces the voltage to the ISCV power side (should be constant and the valve controlled on the earthing side by the ecu) as a result the valve gets artificially closed some more,which results in lower alt voltage again.... we believe this had a lot to do with the stall problem that we cured in the early days,but quite why it doesnt do that when in the camry remains a mystery.Still its cured with the pocvip mod.

I cant see it being a problem on the throttle butterfly or engine because you would get the same symptoms with BOTH iscv's fitted... the only thing thats being changed is the ISCV itself,so thats got to be flowing more bypass air than the old valve for some reason.
    Not to dig this up, but i was thinking of sending you a IAC because on my way to work i was having these same symptoms. I read somewhere else that it could be the mr2 power steering drawing on the 80 amp v6 alt that i have lowering it enough to start closing the IAC. So i pulled over because traffic was making juggling the throttle difficult and i unplugged the power to the P/S system and turned the car back on and it idled fine at 700-800. I feel there is some truth to this electrical assumption.

It happens on NON PS cars as well.

....and on my car that was having stalling issues with a stock ICV, changing the jumpers in the ecu completely cured the idle and stalling issues - so it may not just be an electrical issue.

Hmm wierd this morning it started to have the issue again, Thats strange i wonder why just pulling the PS let it idle all the way home but the next day it back to normal? I dont understand. Oh well i will look up what jumpers maybe before i park the car and wait for postage.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011