Ive not even finished one swap when i just have to start another! Im about 2 weeks behind an already tight schedule due to parts delays and one thing and another....easiest way is just to blame johnny :thumbsup:

So heres fimmos v6 swap,it was time to play catch up,and never has PW worked as hard in one day,i got a load done so let the show begin!

Heres fimmos car,a nicely kitted mk2 thats already got one magazine feature under its belt....

Straight away i dropped its coolant and began getting the engine dropped out....and what a poor excuse for an mr2 engine indeed,yup the dreaded 3s-fe...

About as much power as 3 lacky bands wound together....now this car really looks the part so a v6 will really suit it well.

Next the exhaust was removed,magnex of course,this is the exhaust of choice for most v6 swappers and will be used on this v6 too...

In the engine bay the usual disconnecting of stuff and chopping the fusebox wiring plugs off,we will use these to wire up the v6 engine harness,well some of it!

Frantic spannering later and the engine/box was on the floor,lowered onto my engine dolly and pulled clear....this one didnt give much resistance,it knew its time had come :)

After that it was a matter of splitting gearbox from engine and also removing the clutch which will be re-used on this v6 as its practically new.

With the bay now empty i could start stripping things out....

This bay will clean up a treat,it just looks a bit dirty,nothing wrong with the old paint at all.

Next job was dropping the petrol tank.....starting with a quick dismantle of the interior to get to the fuel pump and gauge sender plugs...

And shortly after that the tank was on the floor....

Shortly after that a turbo fuel pump replaced the piss weak 3s-fe pump....

So i did all that in one day,look at how big my nob is! :blabla:

Heres what im doing tomorrow....stripping this beasty down for new HG's and a laurence lewelyn bowen makeover...

Lots to come...