Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mk1.5V (honda V-tech swap)

Ah I finally found the thread..! None of you guys and gals know me, But I got a MK1 from a friend that his wife wasnt' looking at the temp gauge and head gasket problems..
    He asked if I wanted it, A red 85 MK1, NO rust, All original was used to to be pulled behind a Mobile Camper.
    Well, did the head gasket, couldn't stop there and ported and decked. Got it back on the road, CRAPY mileage compared to my 86 civic si (40, 34 mpg when I beat it) and can't seem to bleed the cooling system right. Keeps pissin out the overflow.. Cracked head?? Gauge in middle AAAHHHgg!
    I've been messin with Hondas for about 27 years and just happen to pick up a 90 Teg, (B18a5/ 5 spd) for $150.00 us.
    Was reading (Grassrootsmotorsports.com) and found a co. that is putting a Honda K20 series motor in a New Lotus Exige (Prototyperacing.com)
    He said that He would have to have my Complete Toyota harness and B18 harness to 'marry' the two for $450.00 US Being the Junk yard dog that I am, I just can't pay out that much. Heck, I paid 500us for the whole car.!! I may just download a schematic and staple the harness to a 4x8 sheet of plywood and start a 'strippin' myself..
    I can do a V-Tech swap easily by using a V-Tech head from a.. Well, V-tech motor, port it, get on Ebay for a turbo maniflod, use one of my turbos on the shelf and geet this thing to around 250-380hp, with about 27-30mpg..

Sorry for the long post, But does it really matter, I'll try and help out as much as I can.. Let me know how to post pics and I'll keep ya posted.
    Errol
    As soon as I find out how to post pics I'll let you kids know

Hey Saint, Can ya give a brother a hand... Did you figure out the shifting..?
    My B18 is cable shift.
    I've got a degree in Welding but HATE wiring.. My Email is synlube4u@aol.com here in the states.. If you can, tell me how to post pics..
    Thank you. Errol (air-ol)

Hi Errol,

i have designed a cable to rod linkage unit to be able to tranfer between mr2 and honda but need to do some serious road testing before i will release it.

its all in the angles as they say.....

to post pics i use our web server and ftp them to that then use the " insert image" button (looks like a mountain range) to link them.

i am sure i can post them for the group to se if you have trouble with finding space on one of the free image hosting sites out their. just mail me at stu@saintracing.com

Saint

Thank you sir, I'm a lot better with cars and machanics than computors. I'll send some pics of the 'donor' teg engine. It's still in the front suspension cradle and all my engine stands are taken, even have a 350 chev hanging from my cherry picker. So Its going to sit there a little while longer.
    In addition, I found a CO. that sells poly resins where you take your stock motor mounts/ bushings, clean well, take out as much torn old rubber you can, center the bolt passage by taping up one end. Mixing the two part resin together (makes about a quart-us) then pour in, let stand over night and you jus made a 'poly' mount or bushing.
    Trim off excess (mistakes) and bolt it up.
    SO I'll just use the stock Honda mounts, use the poly mix and bolt them back to donor engine for measurements.
    As it looks, there is plenty of room in the MK1 and the turbo set-up will be under the trunk with intake plumbing going to trunk mounted inter-cooler and then to intake. There will also be a water injection kit used with the resiviour in the front trunk.
    It gets freekin hot here (100+ deg, 100% humidity with NO rain and that can be at 1:00am) So I need to keep it as cool as possible
    I'll send pics soon.. and thanks..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345