Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Extending ratios on the E153

too right!!

Only if I ever get it moving though.

arrrr, may have to start collecting the bits to swop over to a turbo box then....may do this later on in the year i think.

thanks chappies !
    We ALL make mistakes....

I have a stock rev2 diff in good condition if you care to make an offer :)

i'll have to get the box, shafts, hubs and clutch first i think matey, but if you still have it, then i'll drop you a pm fella !

cheers !!
    We ALL make mistakes....

So what's the deal with an N/A box then, are we stuck with our ratios?

think theres cheaper options if you have the E153 box, 5th gear from the ST165 will fit a-ok.

my mate does a fair bit of work with auto boxes, maybe i'll give him a bell to see if he can do something with the n/a box. be good to leave the box in-situ and remove the end cover, slip the 5th cog off and slip another one on, but i bet its more costly than that !

not so much stuck with the ratios...you may prefer them as they are.
    We ALL make mistakes....

And just to amuse you, my missus just asked what the N/A box meant, so i put it to her in a quiz, "N/A is naturally aspirated, so wot's the other gonna be?"

she says, "Mechanically aspirated?" lol

"No dear, it's a Turbo."

she says, "Eh? You can't put a turbo on a gearbox, that goes on the engine."

lol I'll give her points for getting it half right.

if you swap 5th gear that's all that will change, if you change the FD then all the gears change.

There is a lot of info on the US forum about this stuff. There are gear sets out there. You can apparently change each gear, apart from 1/2/R as these are on the input shaft or something like that.

Made for an interesting, if not confussing read.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast