Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Extending ratios on the E153

Hmm. Not sure, only ever heard of it on the E153 Turbo box mate..

Th E153 box was on the N/A Model aswell wasn't it??

As far as I'm aware, the only difference from the rev1 boxes (GE or GTE) is that the ratios are shorter. Obviously there are then the LSD options too. But I don't see a problem with fitting this mod to any of the boxes found on the MR2. Might as well stick a descent Diff in there while its apart.

I've been mulling between the Quaiffe and the TRD differentials. I've got to spend the money on the ratios, so I might as well get the differential on as you say. Which one though?

I want maximum traction without the T/C system cutting in all the time. Dam the torque! lol

the E153 is not found on NA models..tubby only..

Nik, I stand corrected.

Johnny, I've gone for a Kaaz 2 way diff. Should be alot of fun learning how to drive it.

You get 10% at Fensport if you're an IMOC member too which makes it a good price compared to the TRD and Quaiffe.

Oh, and the Quaiffe diff is only for rev1 boxes, as I guess its modelled on the different ratios... makes me wonder now about my previous statement.

Ant

Hmm. Thats a Gary Glitter. I like Quaiffe stuff too.

Very local too.

The Kaaz diff is widely used in the states. And its a cracking looking bit of kit. My gearbox guy was most impressed!

What you doing for driveshafts Johnny? Cos I imagine you're going to be getting close to the limits of the inner CV joints... especialyl with your 2nd stage!

This is something I've yet to think about - I was looking at the ATS cages to help the CV's maintain their integrity.

I'm asking around the US boards as there's some people out there with 500+bhp 5VZ-FE's who are running daily drivers with no problems!

Cool. I've gone for the ATS cages on mine as a matter of caution. Thought I'd rather not blow out a CV cage half way through a launch on the 1/4 mile.

Would be a massive brown patch in my pants if that happened lol

more skidmarks in the trousers than on the tarmac eh? :p

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast