Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Swap started

Right just noticed that in my engine bay i used to have a canister of some sort on the nearside strut tower i no not all 3sge's have them, Fuel lines running into it, anyhow i don't know where it is and i think it vents the tank?

What should i do with the pipes one is rubber that comes up underneath and one is metal that runs across the strut top.

Any idea please?

Just can smell fuel vapors from it when running.

Oh yeh and what should mpg be like i am getting 187km's to £30 at 97.9 a litre is that good or bad?
    Last edited by tom1mr2; 15-10-2007 at 21:21.

Thats the evap cannister - i would think the easiest thing would be to put it back on. Definately don't want the tank venting into the engine bay

i don't know where it is lol, i thought maybe if i connect the pipes together and run them into the tb or is that a stupid idea

Come to think of it iirc mines a rev1 and it vents to the atmoshere via a little filter type thing down in the corner of the engine bay near to the fuel filter. Put up a wanted i'm sure someone's got one knocking around

Yeah needs the evap and valve or you could suck ya tank inside out :-) You need the valve and the ECU to control when it opens or you get full manifold vacuum in ya tank :doh:

I will check the garage tomorrow if i can't find it i will do that mate.

Cheers for the help :thumbsup:

ah yeh it has a plug on it and about 4 pipes running of the side aswell i remember it now.

So do i have to wire it into somewhere on the v6

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132