Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Swap started

Swap started

Right just started the v6 swap so thought i would put up each stage of the swap as i go along so here goes:

The mr2:

The Camry:

Started work on gettin the engine out at 9.00 this was the stage at 10.30:

The engine is now out and on the stand took air con, power steering pump, some other bit n bobs off, so now ready for the heads to come off to be sent for port and polish i will update on monday with pics :)

but all is going well and i can't wait :hehe:

Right thought i better update the progress i did not get a thing done on it last week due to been busy with other jobs.
    So we got stuck into getting the heads of today.

This was the engine at 2.00:
    On the stand ready for stripping.

Ans i was at this stage for 4.00

Then after sorting and marking all the parts ready for re fitting i took some more pics:

Both of the gaskets where on there way out but it's a tidy little engine just a matter of cleaning and re fitting heads etc after skimmimg.
    Hoping to get it in the 2 next week if time allows depending on other jobs.

I marked all the parts while they where still together ie: cams, timing etc just to make life simple when i rebuild it all.

Any comments or help/advice welcome Thanks, tom.
    Last edited by tom1mr2; 07-12-2006 at 19:32.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    hi tom,get stuck in there son!!! :) nice looking two and not a bad looking camry either!

moving this to the mk2 section though bud,thats where the mk2 swaps get detailed unless of course its a woodsport creation :)

really good to see another taking shape,any help you need just holler.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I no the camry was way too nice to brake. Few bits to do to the two bodywork wise aswell :)

Thanks mate no doubt i will get stuck on something ;)

Excellent progress there.

sweet, thats pretty quick going..... look forward to seeing this one come along... good luck... may the spanner be with you :)

Not doing to bad it's really just a matter of fitting it in between jobs at the minute should make a lot more progress next week :)

looks huge when you first open the bonnet on the camry doesnt it! but after a few hours and strip off the crap and its quite a compact little unit! brings back memories twice!! lol lol good luck with the swap mate!

I no what you mean i did not know where to start! but now it's out it's simple great engine to work on though. :)

Thanks.

Something i just noticed. Why is the intake on the rear and the exahust in the front. Why didn`t they design the car with the intake in the front? To me that would be logic as you don`t get the exhaust piping under the engine and it shortens a bit. Also you want the intake air to be cold and that now gets the engine heat. Also the exhaust is hot and now it gets pushed over or into the engine. Am i way off now?
    Last edited by Shorty; 25-11-2006 at 19:55.

Seen this on a few cars (namely TU engined pugs).

No idea why they do it tho, sorry.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast