Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: scotts 355 V6 swap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    I sepnt hours going over a mint example last year at the kit car show with the extreme kit on and is so close its untrue as I think its only an inch off the real thing and brings lights further towards the front ! other thing that let it down was the brakes but would go for a bremobo conversion on the front and see what Keri brings out for the rears and put a V6 in and you aint gonna get any closer than that tis for sure ! For me though would have to be a total tintop to make it clsoe to the real thing and have never been a fan of tbars in mk1 or 2 after owning one years ago, but do see the appeal of open top just not me ! thats gonna be awesome as sound will at last more closely resemble the real thing !
    Xtreme kit does look the dogs, having this thing with the roofs off is a joy though albeit the T-Bar is a giveaway. Ferrari do a 355 GTS open top but obvioulsy the T-Bar shouldn't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by scott
    Xtreme kit does look the dogs, having this thing with the roofs off is a joy though albeit the T-Bar is a giveaway. Ferrari do a 355 GTS open top but obvioulsy the T-Bar shouldn't be there.
    the 348 came as a targa top which closely looks like a tbar without centre bar so to the un-initiated they would not know ! Really really cant wait to hear and see thsi one when finished and will start looking for a tubby tin top for low money in the spring for sure now as this has kick started it all again for me !

Once the italian replica kit car club find out about this they will all be after them !

Paul I can see every single ferrari clone owner coming to you for this conversion once its spread that its been done ! (wanna go halves on a stand at the kit car show ;) )

Now now Jasper, stones glass houses etc ! ( karmeleon/MK2 hmmmm!)

Only jesting !

Hee, hee. Not slagging off the kit, just what's underneath it. Mine will always be a Mk1 underneath :thumbsup:

All in jest, you knows me...
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Ah yeah very good point Jasp !

Ah yeah very good point Jasp !

If you convert it to a targa, i.e. cut the T-bar out then I think you can get a piece made up (or off the shelf). I'm sure I've seen one knocking around on one of the forums/ebay/somewhere.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Cool :)
    Needs lowered a bit though, in mine, the most humblest of opinions!
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

She is quite low already, our roads are shite though, if it was any lower I'd never be able to take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    which is only running on 3 cylinders for some reason,
    He he so I'm going from 3 cyclinders to 6? cool lol
    Last edited by scott; 02-11-2006 at 19:16.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast