1234511 ...

thread: scotts 355 V6 swap

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

scotts 355 V6 swap

well woodsport has made its first million quid so i thought id treat myself to a new ferrari....

Yeah right i wish!!! instead scotts 355 rep arrived and i have to say apart from the paint job this is a lovely motor,i had quite a few spectators oogling over this today,very nice car indeedy!

Safe as houses.

Unbeknown to you lot if been beavering away getting the engine ready for this one....

Heads off,everything decoked,new gaskets fitted,lovely.

Heads painted up,torqued back down and backlash gears set.

New timing belt fitted.

What better colour for a 355 rep than ferrari red for the plenum,which has been de-egr'd.

next week the athsmatic 3s-ge comes out of the 355 rep (which is only running on 3 cylinders for some reason,oh well! who cares!!)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2005
    Poole, Dorset
    get a new camera tight wad...!
    i guess youre gonna be 'testing' her for a few days after shes finished..!

Mar 2005
    yeah i really got to do something about the camera situation....oh yes a few days of "necessary" roadtesting of course....i hear the lakes are nice this time of year lol

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2005
    Poole, Dorset
    you may be a good car builder mate but you cant build one that drives on water..!

Mar 2005
    ha ha,now theres an idea.

Sep 2006
    NE Scotland
    Lovely jubbly! Nice plenum :clap:

She'll certainly have more of a growl to her in a couple of weeks time,:boogie:

Jun 2005
    Cardiff
    cool cant wait to see hear this one when its done as very tempted to do this with the extreme kit and a hrad top tubby shell next year as I dont care what people think I rekon its best thing that can be done to a MK2 (well TRD kitted comes close!)

Mar 2005
    i agree sam,after looking over this car today i think its a lovely kit....personally id lose the ferrari decals and just have people guessing what it was but thats just me.

The wheels on this car are to die for,looks like 6" dishes on the rear! :thumbsup:

Jun 2005
    Cardiff
    I sepnt hours going over a mint example last year at the kit car show with the extreme kit on and is so close its untrue as I think its only an inch off the real thing and brings lights further towards the front ! other thing that let it down was the brakes but would go for a bremobo conversion on the front and see what Keri brings out for the rears and put a V6 in and you aint gonna get any closer than that tis for sure ! For me though would have to be a total tintop to make it clsoe to the real thing and have never been a fan of tbars in mk1 or 2 after owning one years ago, but do see the appeal of open top just not me ! thats gonna be awesome as sound will at last more closely resemble the real thing !

Sep 2005
    Leigh, Lancs, UK
    cool cant wait to see hear this one when its done as very tempted to do this with the extreme kit and a hrad top tubby shell next year as I dont care what people think I rekon its best thing that can be done to a MK2 (well TRD kitted comes close!)
    I think you'll find that this is the best thing that can happen to a Mk2 lol
    http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/images/crusher.gif
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

1234511 ...