Filled the brakes up this weekend and bled out loads of air.

On Saturday, the brakes were tested on a couple of gentle low speed stops. It doesn't pull to one side and the new pads and discs work nicely, I degreased those before they were fitted!

Here's a video of the short test...
http://guynet.homeip.net/openarea/Car-14-10.avi

(I was not driving, any similarity between me and the driver is purely coincidental:shhh: )

The paddle clutch is aggressive, very little travel between on and off. It makes parking manouevres difficult, but is ok after a little practice.

Once underway the car burbles nicely, I had a twin exhaust made up for it with squared off tailpipes - well there are no other curves or circles at the back! I wanted an exhaust that's quite civilised for normal driving because I'll take the wife away for weekends and that in it.

Having said that, I don't think the video does the engine note enough justice. A little throttle and the range of noises is quite mental. That same throttle causes the back of the car to drop, the nose to lift and a launch forwards at rocket speed. On the change to second gear, the recirculating dump valve sounds respectable, nothing loud but will probably give the game away for anyone else left for dead by it.

It is not running as well as it should be yet, the boost controller is not set up so all pressure is reaching the wastegate actuator. The powerfc seems to work, but that'll be tweaked after the MOT, on a long private road somewhere. However, with those tweaks still to do, it felt fast, really fast.

There's a few other jobs to do, bleeding the chargecooler pump, some p-clipping, headlights, battery mounting etc but if I can get a clear run at the weekend, I should be able to book it in for a test next week, and a respray after that.

I am absolutely buzzing that the car's working so well! Thanks to everyone here for the great idea of swapping the engine, this is the best forum around!