Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Ki's swap

hooray ,today i finally managed to fix my water pump and most importantly put it all back together again.
    So all i have left to do now is fit the nw front callipers etc, and then drive ,

One thing that is a bit worrying is the fact that i cant get the engine bay fan to run all the time??
    I have connected it along with the i/c fan to the fuel pump circuit and i have uprated the fuse.

The i/c fan runs but the engine bay one wont, i have tried two different fans and neither worked>:[ .

Am i missing somthing and does anyone have any suggestions??

Many thanks

Ki

Does that have a temp sensor? If not then it`s strange.

God to hear you fixed the pump, can`t wait to drive now i can imagine:)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    as shorty says,are you wiring straight to the fan ? its a really simple circuit so id just check for 12v and an earth at the fan,after that it can only be the fan at fault.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

ok folks i thought i would update this thread as my swap is now very nearly finished,
    Managed to get all the various body parts back on the car and all the fans working as they should.
    Been driving it around the airfield and so far so good.....
    Only thing left is to take it to the exhaust people who are going to build me a nice stainless syatem to suit my wish's,
    here's a few picks of how it looks.....oh and of course it still needs a good polish!!!
    I/C location and ducting.

Carefully hidden vent for I/C

All thebits back on

and the beast that hides beneath those bits

will post a final lot of finished product photo's once the exhaust is made.

ki

excellent work ki, are you running standard at the moment , hows it run? :mrgreen: ..
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

everything is bog standard at he mo, havn't even had time to fiddle with the boost controller, seems to run fine though, very very happy that its all working...thats enough for the time being, i have an fcd and a bov valve to fit later but i want it runnung spot on first......fingers crossed!
    Today is the only cash you may ever have...spend it wisely on lots more toys!!!

best idea matey, plenty of time to tweak :mrgreen:
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Spot on Ki, looks really good!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617