hi chaps,well as one swap comes to a close another starts! such is life at woodsport,mr2 overload! i love it....right! Vic is an imoc *cough* member who contacted me some months ago about a v6 mk2 conversion,he came up to woodsport,had a test drive in the demo car and left with a big smile on his face wanting one.So i will detail vics conversion here...

The day started with camry engine removal! I laid the tools out at 9am...

And by 10:45 it was ready to be lifted out,cant do one of these as quick as a 4a-ge but much faster these days than my first 8 hour attempt!

On its way out....

Annnnnd relax!

The usual routine followed,strip all unnecessary crap off the v6,power steering pump,gearbox,torque convertor,all binned....

Next she got a damn good degreasing and jet washing to get rid of 120k miles of crud.

Then it got carried inside for stripping down....by 3:15 the new gaskets were fitted and the heads cleaned up,this engines internals are spotlessly clean!

Nice clean head surfaces....i do these with a pneumatic dremel that spins at 26,000 rpm! if you dont wear a facemask you end up with little javelins of wire brush sticking out of your face! :)

I rebuilt one of the heads so thats as far as i got before hometime,lazy git that i am.

One thing to note,i spotted this on the old left gasket...now this engine has no HG failure at all,ran sweet,but just look at that gasket distortion on the middle cylinder!

Bent like a nana! and thats the factory gasket,i could tell these heads had never been off before,totally original!

So if ever this was proof that camry HG's really do need replacing as a precautionary measure this is it...its that bent that the piston has been catching the lip of the gasket on its underside.....incredible.

Lots more to come.