Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mr2 Mk1.5 from Norway

syrup.....
    Much worse than cold oil. But the supplyer who sold me the frontcut is supposed to find me a new one. But I'm afraid it will take too long... Got a spare CT26 that I can use, but it will not be the same.... :P

Getting the turbo fixed for free, probably new bearings ++++ Guess that's a good thing ;)

Haven't got time to do more work on my MR2 lately... Spent too much time at work. Tonight I'm going to change the shock absorbers on my Lexus, (have bought Bilstein B6 sport), and take the old engine out of the MR2..

Same as me Amund. Too much work to keep the mr2 project going as fast as i would like. Some day though:)

We`ll have to meet up some day over beers at some track day with our mr2`s. Atleast you got you turbo fixed for free. I shipped it to US and got a nice upgrade at the same time. Keep working and feed our picture loving gang updated:)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    I'd rather give Mike Tyson a blow job in front of my mum and dad mate!
    :hidesbehi :hidesbehi :hidesbehi :hidesbehi

Pissed track days? Now there's a novel idea.

Sure mate, I'm in. Hoping to be testing the car at VĂ„lerbanen in May.
    That is, I'm thinking about buying an appartment with my gf. Looking at one with a double garage right now... Lots of room for my MR2, but a bit expensive... :( So I might have to take a brake with the car-hobby-thing for a while....

But I finally got the old engine out of the MR2 friday.
    You guys who are using the st205 W2A ic in your MR2, have you got pics of the piping to the front radiator for the ic? Just wondering what pipes you have used, and stuff :)

Some late updates here, it's been a long time since I have been doing some serious work on my MR2. Just too many friends that need help with their cars... Celica GT4, wich I think is a crap-car! (just tired of working on it, changin transmissions++) MK3 supra, wich is going to get MK4 brakes, and have 740wnm. And just to top it all, I bought some parts for my Lexus IS200 aswell. So Bilstein shock absorbers, TTE springs, and TTE front lip is mounted. And maybe sc-kit will be ordered this winter :P
    I have had a lot of problems with the guy that I bought the engine from. See pictures below:

Here some pictures of what the inside of the engine looked like:

The bad turbo:

Inside the oil-sump it was a lot of jelly looking oil....

Atleast it was no metal in the oil...

When I saw this, I thought that this was the end.... ..
    But a friend happened to know of some sort of engine cleaner, that's supposed to be used with the engine oil. So I had to give it a try...
    I must admit, that I was a bit sceptical, but the oil passage looked as new after I had used the engine cleaner thingy:P

So I have bought myself the only turbo I could get locally, a 4th gen caldina turbo ;) Fits like a glove! It's a bit smaller than the CT20b, but it's big enough to support 265hp in the caldina engine, so I guess it will work for me aswell. full boost a little over 2000rpm I'm told :) So I will hopefully get less turbo lag, and that's a good thing for my driving style! :D

Anyone have a suggestion to what IC radiator that will fit in front of the car? The ST205 one was a bit too large.

Maybe someone could move this post to the mk1.5 swap forum? I think that is a more ocrrect place for this thread... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    Maybe someone could move this post to the mk1.5 swap forum? I think that is a more ocrrect place for this thread... ?
    Your wish is my command...

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345