Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Diary of the build up of SW11

There are quite a few motorsport type places that do electric oil pumps, I was going to fit one of these (or perhaps even a fuel pump) possibly with an inline thermostat and bypass loop. So are you saying that the e153 has a pump in there already, or was the pump left off too?

What car is your cooler off? I just found out after 4 years of ST205 ownership that my JDM gearbox oil cooler is about half the size of a UK spec one, the Uk one looks positively huge compared to it (I feel quite inadequate :lol: ). No chance of that with the new ones, the GB one is 10 row by 235mm, the engine one 13 row by 235mm, both MOCAL type things off eBay.

For the engine oil I have a sandwich plate with a thermostat built in.
    Dan Johnson
    89 AW11 ... My swap diary
    ex 1994 ST205 WRC ... http://www.st205.net

In other news, I also put a lot of the interior back in, and reinstalled the back window, it?s kinda strange not having access to the cabin from the back of the car though..
    dont worry malc, back window in is best... :D
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

the cooler is the engine oil cooler from a 7MGTE MA70 Supra. Like I said it's the same size as ST185 GT-Fours. From memory, a JDM ST205 one is the same size as an ST185 RC one, which for some reason is about 2/3rds the size of a normal ST185.

I'm about 95% percent sure that the oil pump is still inside and connected on E series boxes without coolers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456