Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the move

On the move

Hi all,

Will be starting the swap properly this weekend, moved the car round to my dads garage a tonight.

excellent.. its gaggin fer it!.. good luck
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Got the engine dropped last night, so when I get home from work I will be around there to start cleaning up the engine bay and get the engine mounts removed. Now where did I put that angle grinder :twisted:

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    ah clearing the engine bay is very gratifying! and taking the grinder to the engine mounts is a big step! no turning back when those are removed! they are an absolute sod to remove,whip the battery tray off first!

If theres any advice i can give then paint out your engine bay first (bar the chassis points where you will be welding),its very hard to paint once the engines in.

Keep the pics coming!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

i used a spot weld drill an angle grinder and the fbh :D

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

is the fbh the same tool as the bfh i used? :D

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Paul I'm sure you said an fhh was better than a bbh or even a fbh :!:
    But do you think I'll manage with a bmh or an feh :?:

Sorry I'll sfu now

the bigger the BFH the better mate

yes i think my fbh was just right for the job prob the same as your bfh paul :D

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Just a quick update, removed the fuel tank tonight. Also a question, I already have a used rev3 fuel pump, would I be better off buying a new walbro?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast