Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st test drive!!!

Hehe - cheers for the comments... but until I get a zorst on i'd best not do any quick nipping out (no matter how much I want too)...

It's one hell of a feeling driving something I put together... Owen - you've got a treat coming up mate!! :) incidentally how's progress?
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    well done mr spongey! sitting here in a delayed airport until 0230am! made me smile seeing this thread,worth all the hard work isnt it mate!

by the time i get back i want to see detailed roadtests 0-60 times and some sideways videos :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

You're telling me mate - I was shaking so much from excitement and nerves - the feeling of being able to drive it after all the work that I (and a few others - P, J & O!!) put in was just insane...

Must make lots of videos to get others to take the plunge and get creating!! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob
    It's one hell of a feeling driving something I put together... Owen - you've got a treat coming up mate!! :) incidentally how's progress?
    Can't wait, thanks for the inspiration!

Progress? Hmm, well after the dissapointment of failing to get my car ready for JAE, and Lyn's restoration suddenly becoming a non runner I've taken a break from poxy MR2's for a while. That said I've nearly completed an over complicated and overengineered battery tray, so little steps. (I'm hoping that one day I'll go to the list of things to do and find nothing left!)

When is your road legal ETA Ash?

Cheers,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Well i'm hoping this Saturday as I'm having a little BBQ - so would be perfect to show off my new toy hehe

Don't give up hope O - if you need I'll send you more and more inspiriation in the form of AVI's!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob
    Don't give up hope O - if you need I'll send you more and more inspiriation in the form of AVI's!! lol
    Twould be muchly appreciated!

Love the twisty round engine cover off camera work BTW. More tyre squeel needed though!

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Well done Ash, not far off now matey, wooot !
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Cheers Jon, but that water pumps coming out now - got a little leak so I'm not happy driving it now... I want to do some proper heatshielding too... will have to have a scan on the forum to see what people have found works well.

Oh and i must stick down that boost gauge - lol

Well done Sponge!

I'm itching to drive mine, it felt great when I started it the other week.

looking good there Ash and inspiration to us all !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast