Thread: 3sgte intake air temperature

3sgte intake air temperature

does anyone know what temperature the air is after bieng compressed by turbo?. and before it hits I.C ... how about the range of intake temp in general...
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

I'm not sure of temps pre-intercooler, but post intercooler is anywhere between 30 deg C on the motorway to 60+ C depending on the boost you're running and the intercooler.

This is what you want.... dual thermometer?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...meter&doy=19m2

cheers si, nice toy :-) bit if a catch 22 tho, without my car running I can't gauge. I'm looking to stick adjustable thermo switch onto I.c fan. prolly after I.c in tube will place sensor, hopefully will turn fan off at good road speed.
    I can buy for 12 quid, but they come in different ranges 0-40 degc , 0-90, 40-120 etc.
    the bay fan & lid fan run off same separate item. whatya reckon 0-90 degrees?

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    whatya reckon 0-90 degrees?
    Sounds sensible tooo meeee :thumbsup:

If you can supply me with a compressor map for the turbo, then I can calculate the ball park figures if you tell me what boost levels you would like to run, what model is the turbo? I may have the map in my collection:)

0-90 is ideal temp range for the sensor, though much over 50 degrees post IC and you are loosing power and the ECU may be pulling timing.

hello there peter, thanks for reply, these compressor maps are a keen tool eh. thing is.. the adj thermostats I was looking at turned out to be a tad slow in response time @ 1 deg K per minute..(bi-metallic) would have liked a slightly quicker response than that!! still searching for a nice cheap responsive adjustable thermo to slap on.