Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mk2 rad turbo fans fitment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    good man, saved me few splinters there for sure. my car would be scrap without your help!. how's the seats coming on?
    Last edited by adamh; 29-07-2006 at 10:09.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

chopped with tin snips and fits , ta lodge, will fix with simple drilled plates etc. al.. did you find the rad fan switch was too high ? :whistle: i chopped mine down with hacksaw as you do.. i cant fit the plug in as interferes with arc of fan blade.. so i think im going to solder two wires onto the pins inside and just route wires close to switch etc, and then mastik the hole up, one question.. what did you do with the fan switch and running it?

i managed to get the sender on the very edge of the fan arc so i didnt have to alter it at all!the fans i just rewired withn the mk1 plugs and should work as normal:) whatever normal is! i am hoping to bring it down at the weekend so you can look then! suspension permitting.:banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by lodgeman
    i managed to get the sender on the very edge of the fan arc so i didnt have to alter it at all!the fans i just rewired withn the mk1 plugs and should work as normal:) whatever normal is! i am hoping to bring it down at the weekend so you can look then! suspension permitting.:banghead:
    weekends good, allready pre-arranged with the gf until early afternoon. will have a look at the weekend. after all them bottles of gas used so far, i met up with a relative on the w/e , whom works with a gas type company.. getting an extremely large bottle (300 bar) of new type welding gas to trial for free ;)

nice fans you got there adam ! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    nice fans you got there adam ! ;)
    :shades: :whistle:

...... . . .

:thumbsup: will be machining up jae bits tonight

your a top man adam ! ;)

concluding the mod; the fans fit squarely over the mk1 rad, the corners need chopping out on two outside edges to alllow for rad bleed valves & exit/entry pipes which stick out of the rad. i had to cut the thermostatic switch down in height to miss fan arc. soldered wires in and mastiked switch over. mastik sealed flanges of fans to rad aswell. no fixing plates needed, if careful, you can drill 4mm holes, on the very outside edge of the fan flanges which are perfect width across the rad and they will pass through the rad flange aswell (outside edge) four 4mm nuts and bolts on whole assembly . easy mod.. larger fans, good relacement. cheers for sorting them sam, and al for doing mod first.

Last edited by adamh; 01-08-2006 at 22:50.

no way that rads ever gonna over heat with them on adam ! might look at this while mine is all stripped down, now where did I put those turbo fans ! bloody hell they have turned into uber sexy looking brakes ! Cheers Ad and glad you got them to fit and looking so good !

what, does it get hot over there or something? :D I downsized my fan :) Hope I don't regret it :) Good work lad ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast