Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Going widebody

Haha. I was just thinking the door area needs a bit more character so by pusing out the area where the handle is and the door and below down near the side skirt maybe an inch or so not the full width just a bit to add a line.

oh and while your photochopping - get rid of the focus :D

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    i'll work on a door area mod to see what it looks like.....oops sorry about the focus,heres lily at JAE on friday but no one else has their cars finished so shes the only one on the stand :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

wheres all the tents though eh paul ???

thats the TB gazebo on the far left :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

well..you may aswell superimpose the rest of the fleet onto the picture :mrgreen:, dont forget 30 crates of beer in the background neither
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    peebs i will do a second mock up of an alternative front wing thats more like the rear one instead of being a TRD copy...the spoiler in the first shot is extended to the edge of the car,in the second its stock and just on the boot if you see what i mean,thats why they look different.
    Yeah, I realized that matey, what I meant was I think it woul look superb, but only if it was done like it is shown in the first piccie :)
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

I've got to say that the wide body looks bang on. I reckon this is so much more in keeping with the V8 muscle. The shortened front wing looks the best as does the full width rear spoiler. Apart from the aesthetics of it all, the practical advantage of getting more air into the engine bay by venting the rear arches makes a lot of sense too imho and if you're completely "aff yer bawz" (well, we know you are lol) and decide to stick a couple of snails in there, you'll have somewhere to place an intercooler or two. Go for it Paul, It'll suit Lilly down to a T.

86 Mk1.5 Eurosport - Black

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread
    -----------------------------
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

I know its not a Huge Wide body but i like the looks of thise one. Maybe you could make it wider while trying to keep the shape?

The Rear wing does look out of place though

i do like that kit but the rear bugs me...i dont like the way the lights sit inboard in their stock position,makes the kit look stuck on if you know what i mean.Im not 100% keen on the front wing extensions either,again looks stuck on over the top....i think a true widebody should look like it has one piece panels,hard to explain!

Well ive made my mind up,im going for it,off come the fat arches which will be donated to a hutchison near you to aid his cause :)

I love the look of this thing,as you say shugs suits the V8 to a T and plenty of practical cooling will be provided.Rear wing is still a mystery though,not sure what to do there but theres a few ideas knocking about.

So when the new rear track width is decided i'll be making a start on the WB,just given myself a ton more work to do! oh great! The anoraks will hate it im sure,although it would be fine if TRD designed it and not woods! (sorry malcolms design which ive stolen :) )

If anyone can think of little design alterations that will improve it please comment,already altered the front wing shape due to peebs observations,cheers bud,sometimes takes a different set of eyes to see when something doesnt look quite right :thumbsup:

Hi Paul

I've got a widebody MK1 I could take some pictures of if you like...very tastefully done, it's only an empty shell keep thinking I'm going to do something with it.

T

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast