Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The infamous "lodge" lid photos!

The infamous "lodge" lid photos!

Ok well managed to get the lodge lid on the car to also go up to the mould makers. This was originally bought by lodge and he has kindly donated it to have a mould made. The lid itself fits on an SC lid base but with the catch in the correct place for the NA chassis. It currently isnt a great fit as about 2mm to wide front to back but again this will be rectified. Lodge will be able to tell you about the running of the car with it on if he can remeber as was some time ago (big apologies for the delay fella but will make sure yours is the first one off the line so to speak).

Although quite a radical departure from the standard lid there is huge scope for fan placements etc etc and it is not as high as it seems. Also looking to get full SC lids made in FG with the NA catch placement sorted.

Heres some quick pics of current one in place:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...t=P1010079.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...t=P1010089.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...t=P1010078.jpg

retro and cool - i want one..!!

me too... but i want the vents a lil larger...
    i like cheese

I think you should call it notorious rather than then infamous :)

Looks top notch though, young Sammy

This is what i had planned for mine. Looks very good:)

One other thing that sprung to mind with this mod is that it lets hot air out aplenty but unlike some other designs it doesn't funnel water all over your fuse box / alternator / plug leads etc. So on that alone it gets a big :thumbsup:

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Tis hopefully a version of this lid I shall get around to using altho may need to be altered a little to fit with some of my thoughts. Still individuality n all that, will still be recognisable with a little difference :)

Now wheres that winning lotto ticket I misplaced :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

with this lid it drops the temperature radically, the needle runs under the normal with it fitted. ran with it up to jae and i was well surprised at the difference!:thumbsup: looking forward to having one back as i had forgotten all about it!lol

Quote Originally Posted by lodgeman
    with this lid it drops the temperature radically, the needle runs under the normal with it fitted. ran with it up to jae and i was well surprised at the difference!:thumbsup: looking forward to having one back as i had forgotten all about it!lol
    Will make sure the one you get back is a much better fit for you lodge as well! If I had know you had forgotten I wouldnt have called it the lodge lid! ;)

I was bidding on that lid as the solution to my damp coil problem when the auction was pulled. Looks like I'll have a chance to own one after all
    Vroom vroom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast