Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Dan's turbo swap

Just a quick update.........

1. have welded in the mounts (pic's to follow in a few days - no card reader in the dam library and no time!!!!)

2. mount's painted and engine mounted minus turbo - mani etc to weld on tourque mounts (took me till 3am but was worth it :)

3. mk2 tourque mounts butchered! and readdy to be fabbed up!

more details to follow, to much mk1.5 beavering going on atm and i'm also busy breaking the turbo having 20+ emails about parts a day can't believe how much you can make breaking cars! i might go into business doin it !
    the car infront is a toyota MR2 mk1.5 :p

top work mate - keep up the progress!! Its plain sailing from here on...
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Hello folks ive been very been busy over august with the car, here's a mini!! update!

The magical jig assembled and mounts welded in

R/h engine mount (top plate was tig welded on later on )

Gearbox side (lots of fires with these, bloody toyota underseal ooach)

Tourque Mounts made up

Battery relocation

Engine underneath

Engine in minus turbo and exhaust manifold

side view

top view

Had a go at making a stainless steel heat sheild (would have been a doddle if my cousin hadnt stolen all my dad's equipment - just had a grinder and a tig welder! oh well here's what i came up with)
    Last edited by Black Karmeleon; 07-09-2006 at 01:44.

Loads of work done over last 2 weeks, i have wired it up (paul's guide was a tremendous help!!) started first time no electrical error's woohoo (will post a video up soon.

The only thing i noticed different on the wireing side - paul, is that the 3 blue wires that needed to be joined for the for the spark/injector's coil etc where not existant, there was only 1 wire (so no joining needed :)

I Have had the engine running allot over the last 3 days and plumbed in all the water hoses and gear cables.

Have got the alternator wired up (extending the alternator wires was a PITA - soldering underneath the car is not my idea of fun, its dark down there and apart from the neck strain you get blobs of hot solder in yr eye's! :doh:

some more piccies

Shiny Stainless Steel Exhaust welded together, i have used the flexi from the mk2 exhaust witha 2.5inch s/s pipe welded between it and the karmeleon exhaust system. here's the finished product bolted on the car - man does it sound HOT!

Well done mate, I bet you're well chuffed.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    excellent progress there mate! on the wiring,its red power wires not blue and the rev1's have a single power wire feeding coil/resistor pack whereas the rev2's have 4 red wires that need wrapping together....you managed it anyhow! glad my wiring guide came in handy.

Its looking well smart mate,not long to go now! please make sure you add your start up date to the 1.5 register,sticky'd at the top of the general section.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Superb work Dan - well impressed mate...

was wondering where you got to cos I didn't get your number or anything at JAE??
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast