Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan's turbo swap

Dan's turbo swap

Well folks i thought its about time i started a thread on my swap so here goes.... warning might be long 1st post!

Ive got my Dad's Stainless Steel welding and fabrication workshop and tools to use for july and the also been lent an engine hoist and impact rench by the generous local chippy owner (also a car nut - has put a v8 in classic landrover for fun in a week - mental!) so hope to get the swap completed in a month! (yeh we'ill see!) will be workin on it full time and also have the help from my mate paul to lift heavy items but won't say no to any helping hand's or advice.:thumbsup:
    Got hold a MR2 turbo sourced from ebay via marksman (owe u big time bro' ) so now have most of the parts needed for the swap, still need drive shaft cv's and clutch etc
    donor:

Swappage: Well finished Uni atlast! so went back to wales last week to strip the mr2 turbo donor and prepare the engine for the mk1, took me a day to get the engine out of the mk2 (after taking it for a few test run's first offcorse - hitting 60 in 5secs was a new experiance :twisted: )
    empty engine bay:

...then decided to work till 2am (started at 8am) removing the fuel tank and pump:

and everythink i could get a spanner too! man was i tyred after that but now have a new toy to play with:

The next day was spent removing the old ex manifold and cat (total bitch to remove took ages and loadsa wd40 was used) and then part fitment of the spangly new S/S manifold and decatt :) also the gearbox seems to be LSD as when i turn the driveshaft on one side the other turns in the same direction!

Pallet of stuff:

Will be carrying on with this next week and will keep this updated along the way wish me luck !

sorry about the haphazord post my brains still a little fryied from a night out in leeds (making the most of my last week here ;P )

also found time to strip all the sound deadening and carpets and interior trim from the mk1 to save some weight, and then thrape the car round the local twisties to try and brake the 4age but it happily revved to 8krpm and went like stink (0 -60 in 6.5 secs) i had a drive in a vx220 (150bhp N/A) and the mk1 felt just like it with all the weight off (took off the rear boot lid - t-bar glass -spare wheel - pass seat every peice of trim etc must have been 200kgs lighter

Dirty Karmeleon kitted mk1 b :
    the car infront is a toyota MR2 mk1.5 :p

looking good there fella thats for sure ! great start to what should be a wicked little project !

Now that's swappage! rightbackatcha!

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

cheers guys will be adding these:

performance parts and some nitrous aswell! so i'm gunna need my head testing and some serious brake/suspension upgrades too!

another swap starting, fruitful swappage numbers at mo!. the first karmeleon, a 3sgte will suite the car better than a 4age i think.. odd!.

*edited , mmm shiney stuff:drool:
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

looking good matey! that is gonna be a quick car when its done!:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    another swap starting, fruitful swappage numbers at mo!. the first karmeleon, a 3sgte will suite the car better than a 4age i think.. odd!.

*edited , mmm shiney stuff:drool:
    not odd at all adam :mrgreen: its goin to be an absolute weapon when its done just feel sorry for my driving lisence its just about to be clean again after earning 2 sp30's in 2003

Quote Originally Posted by lodgeman
    looking good matey! that is gonna be a quick car when its done!:thumbsup:
    cheers lodge mate yrs seems to have fallen of the planet whats the story on the v6 bud?

btw trying to hold back from the pull of ebay and all the 3sgte performance parts ew the temptation no more ferriting please lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black Karmeleon
    not odd at all adam :mrgreen: its goin to be an absolute weapon when its done just feel sorry for my driving lisence its just about to be clean again after earning 2 sp30's in 2003
    Don't worry, plod won't be able to get close enough to pull you... ...tis not the NOS you understand, but the shower of GRP and filler as that body kit peels off that will keep them at bay rotflmao

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

lol at marksman

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast