Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Dan's turbo swap

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    excellent progress there mate! on the wiring,its red power wires not blue and the rev1's have a single power wire feeding coil/resistor pack whereas the rev2's have 4 red wires that need wrapping together....you managed it anyhow! glad my wiring guide came in handy.

Its looking well smart mate,not long to go now! please make sure you add your start up date to the 1.5 register,sticky'd at the top of the general section.

:doh: red that's right didnt have my head screwed on correctly last night, bloody lucky i was'nt colour blind while doing the wiring!

The guide was absolutley spot on, and very concise paul i can't believe how easy it made the wiring job, it was definatly the most enjoyable part of the swap.
    the car infront is a toyota MR2 mk1.5 :p

the most enjoyable part!..now theres a happy chappie.
    dan thats a grand job your doing on he swap.. looking forward to seeing them all running next jae.. its comin up!....
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Hey folks .......ive been away for a bit i know, winter blues and moving home makes for slow progress

Anyway i've still managed to carry on with the mk1.5 in my (ever so decreasing) spare time.

a little question for anybody in the know? I have been having some trouble getting the alternator to function..... since the multiplug came out and melted in flames on my (not so shiny any more) decatt pipe. Grrr
    see below picture;

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    i shall find out tomorrow for you dan,unless someone pops out to their car and replies sooner,welcome back to TB mate!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

thanks Paul :o) i have been away too long now!I now have hrs of post's to read!! eek.... i will send you my new favorite munch (orange flavour chocolate hobnob's) as my way of saying thankyou for your continuing sacrificial help.... oh and maybe the key's to my car as i have to sell it soon (you want it??)
    Last edited by Black Karmeleon; 02-11-2006 at 00:12.

Dan firstly, orange is a fruit and should NOT be mixed with anything toher than itself thats just wrong !

Secondly you cant sell your car after all the work you have put in fella !

Hey Sam, wise word's but unfortunatley my Bank manager think's otherwise! I'm in serious financial need, so someone's going to get a Really special MR2.

Arrrhhhh but hey i will buy it back one day i'm sure, i will be posting pic's/vid's and detail's of what's happening soonish - i have driven it around for a month or 2 but it's had fault's to fix so i could'nt take it for a long drive(alt not chargeing, over boosing, coolent bleeding, anti roll bar sliding, back suspension arm's loose ex mani heat sheilding etc etc ) all fixed now!

It's amazingly Quick and the exhaust note Sound's beautifull more info later

bet it really suits the car as well !

The MK1.5 is complete and for sale on Ebay finally.

I thought i'd add a Link to a Window's Movie Maker Swap Diary Video I've made.

Please Let me know what you think (especially of the soundtrack), the running time is 10 min's.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...f90130041f.htm

enjoyed it mate, sounds were great. huge effort went into that motor.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567